aaa Slight Problem. Please help. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Slight Problem. Please help.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 06-Sep-01  @  08:03 AM   -   Slight Problem. Please help.

Serfiss

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

hi, i have this Emu XL1 9 (X-treme lead), and I have found what appears to be a hole with no escape. I've got two effects modules. A, and B. All the new EMU release rack units have the same effects layout. Anyhow, each effects module contains a different array of effects. When using delay on effects A there is no option readily available to adjust the time of the ghost note. This is driving me CRAZY! In effects B the time is plain and clear, it even automatches to the tempo in realtime... but for real ... if I want to use the flanger from effects-B, cause A doesn't have a flanger, I have to rely on A for any delay. Unfortunately I cannot control the timing. If anyone knows something I don't please help, I sent a letter to tech-support, but you know how that works out. I have a show in three weeks, and I want to use that delay.

Thanks.
Wesley D.
www.evolbeats.com

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             21-Sep-01  @  05:58 AM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

d

Link?:  No link

that's right, you have to stick some turbo crap in it to bring it up to 6 outs

Message 12/14             24-Sep-01  @  08:23 AM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

Serfiss

Link?: Link

check this out, this is whack, tech support sent me this, the people have a right to know. this sucks.

You cannot adjust delay times on the FX A engine.
Regards,
E-MU / Ensoniq Tech Support
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

that last bit is insane, why in the hell they they offer delay in an effects engine but no way to control it, I hate defects in high end gear. you'd think they could work the kinks out. My alesis has some probs as well, anyhow.

Just thought I'd share that with the world....

Message 13/14             24-Sep-01  @  11:20 AM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

milan

Link?:  Link

short and to the point, gotta love emu  

Message 14/14             24-Sep-01  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: Slight Problem. Please help.

steve

Link?:  No link

its true, the fu*k you over sometimes but you always find yourself coming back for more.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)