aaa Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  04:32 PM   -   Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

mtzatchev

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Could anyone help me on this: I had to exchange the capacitors on my Juno 106 jack board due to occuring noise and distorsion. However some of the electrolyte capacitors did not have the polarity signed so now I have a steady chorus!
If someone has the schematics of this item, please provide help!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             18-Nov-02  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

Deano

Paper?? I didn't know anyone still made paper caps. 10uF /16V should be easy enough to find in a modern non-polarised type ( polycarbonate, polypropylene etc). The old non-polarised electrolytics were only used because in those days it was the only way to get a high value cap in a small package. There is no point messing about with diodes to make up a non-polarised electrolytic from two polarised ones. I don't know the function of the caps in this cct but a diode is a non-linear element and it's best to stay clear of these in an audio cct. Unless you are making a fuzz box.

Message 12/14             29-Nov-02  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

R.A.T.

Been considering investing in a Juno myself. Do you get many problems ? Anything I should look for when buying ?
Cheers

Matt

Message 13/14             29-Nov-02  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

mtzatchev

To tell U the truth: I am in love with this sytnh: I've seen and listened to many others, but:forget about any yamaha!
Juno has a very warm beautiful sound!
Tip: I guess U have a midi cable(according to the info U gave)
So : find a Juno Librarian
Attach the Juno and try out all the sliders(it was the first problem on my juno: so I was supposed to invent an external command board because I love the analogue)
If they are OK they will occur stable on the Software!
Otherwise: there is not much to get ed up(It is just because my juno ist third hand why I got that many problems!)
Be aware of one thing: spare parts are extremely hard to find and substitutes just do not exist!
Try out the juno before bying it: it should have clear pure sound and find out in the internet the signs of a technical faults(there are two IC that usually fail and the symtom is that every 6-th pressed key doesn't funktion!)
Good luck: I did not have it when buying!

Message 14/14             04-Dec-02  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: Roland_JUNO 106 jack board cirquity

R.A.T.

Cheers mate.

I'll be looking in January. Will let you know how I get on.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)