aaa Got my nova! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Got my nova!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 27-Dec-02  @  06:15 PM   -   Got my nova!

Broken Silen ce

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Yes yes yes! Finally got my nova, it arrives on the 4th and I can't remove this dumb smile from my face. Now that I'm going to have it, there is an issue that i've been looking for and don't know what to do about it- Connect it.

I want to use the synth in fruityloops. I have a control keyboard, my nova and obviously the PC. Assume that all i have is powercords. How would I hook it up and what cords/devices would I need? Would i keep my speakers hooked to my computer?

I know it's a stupid question, but hey you gotta start somewhere.

Thanks for all your help up to this point---

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             21-Jan-03  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: Got my nova!

Broken Silence

ERRRRRRRRRRRGHGGHGHHHHHAHAHHAHAHH!

I have it! Finally! Now i can't hook the little bitch up! It sounds soo good i love it...been playing with the demo for hours and hours making some kewl patches and making that thing scream. Now, I can't hook it up!

I went to the quicky mart and picked up a 2x2 midi interface. The dude there said that that would be fine for my master keyboard and the nova. I hooked it up, according to the manual, and nothin. Fruityloops doesnt even say that i have a midi device connected.

This is what i did:

Keyboard: OUT to IN A on midi interface.

Nova: OUT to IN B on midi interface.

Nova: IN to OUT B on midi interface.

Then I just connected some speakers to the nova to monitor it for now...going tomarrow to get the appropriate auido cables. What am I missing? It's obviously just me, so what am i doing wrong?

THANKS! -Andrew

Message 12/14             21-Jan-03  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: Got my nova!

99devils

Link?: Link

Well, if your interface doesn't merge or echo the MIDI data you won't get any sounds.. Sometimes your sequencing software will do this for you (Sonar can).

-Craig

Message 13/14             21-Jan-03  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Got my nova!

influx

Link?:  Link

Id put the nova on output A unless something else is there?

also...you need to set fruity to ECHO the midi thats at the inputs...

Message 14/14             22-Jan-03  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: Got my nova!

broken silence

its up now...i had to change to a different soundcard setting. Now all i need is the audio cable to connect to the cpu and im set!

thanks a bunch  

-andrew

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)