aaa 2 hot new rap jointz - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 2 hot new rap jointz

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 26-Aug-03  @  06:51 AM   -   2 hot new rap jointz

tyson77pwr

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

check it yo..."The Unlucky" and "Da Fight Joint".
Some freestyle action from Gutta and Dan F. over two ill beatz

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             28-Aug-03  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: 2 hot new rap jointz

Bug

Link?:  Link

I really like the unlucky. The track is very well produced and thought out - some good ideas. Mabe i shouldnt say this but i prefer the deeper voiced rapper, kinda like a royce da 5'9 sound with the influence of Ice T, fits nice to the music, which also sounds like some of royce da 5'9's material - which is no bad thing!

Ive produced some hip-hop instrumentals myself but the rapper i worked with was chite. My point is that i know how hard it is to get a hip-hop track to work especially with rapping over the top.

I also like some of the housey efforts youve produced, a bit to much reverb on the vox in places but some nice basslines.

Good Stuff

Bug

Message 12/14             28-Aug-03  @  02:46 AM   -   RE: 2 hot new rap jointz

mcc>

Link?:  No link

i think the rode sounds fine and the skills of those behind the mic...certainly adequate. as for vision....it seems lacking. the beats are pretty interesting nevertheless. get over it and move on.

Message 13/14             28-Aug-03  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: 2 hot new rap jointz

mcc>

Link?:  No link

well...the ill beat of da fight joint was ill....

unlucky is just so much the same oh same ohhhhhh

Message 14/14             28-Aug-03  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: 2 hot new rap jointz

psylichon

Link?: Link

vocals... while it's hard to tell in lofi, based on the high-freq energy of your drums, relatively the vocals sound a bit dark. and it sounds like you may have compensated for this by raising their level in the mix. I think if you carved out a more aggressive vocal with an EQ and did some heavy compression (like 7-10 dB of gain reduction, depending on how hard ya want it), you would be able to sit those vocals in the mix better.

Your mic is fine for what you're doing. Your pre might be hurting your highend. You can get a good pre under 100 bux. I got a Midiman Audio Buddy... it's like 120 bux i think and it makes even my shitty electret condesners completely useable for vocals.

Your beats are cool. A little unpolished for my tastes. I would say raw, but to get it really raw I think you need to be more aggressive in your processing. Then it's good raw.

Most of the mc's are pretty good. There are a few lines here or there that were a bit lame, and some i think shoulda been punched in... they were just a bit off. But decent lyrics. not revolutionary, but not too distracting either  

nice ones...

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)