aaa Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 10-Sep-03  @  05:28 AM   -   Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

Paulbug61

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hi Peeps........

Ive just added 15 of my tracks! All have been produced spanning the last 12 months, Some are ok some are poooo, i just thought id let dancetech members decide which!

http://www.dancetech.com/~Bug

The First 7 (from the top) are hip hop tracks many are just instrumentals and unfinished bits, but id lke some input anyways just to see if my producing is any good?! - the rapping is done by a friend of mine and the recording is quite poor as the room i was recording in at the time sounded awefull!!!!!!!! mabe a line here and there is done by me - im not a lyric writer ya cee.

The next 8 are all House/Tek House/Deep/Funky tracks, most of these are more recent, f.e.a.r dub mix i only finished tonight/this morning. Some again are just ideas and unfinished bits.

If anyones interseted i could really do with some input about, the arrangment and content of the music/programming/depth, and less about the general levels of the mixes, compression, eq ect...as some of the tracks are quite rough and none are mastered!! With the house tracks try to take into consideration that you would be in a club dancing to the beat - would you dance?

any critisim is well recived, thats what im looking for - go ahead rip into me.......Please

Cheers

Bug 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             11-Sep-03  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

The Answer

Link?:  No link

There's no way I can listen to the whole 15 tracks, but I have just listened to Bassics, and Chilled Out Downbeat Hop.

Bassics is good, well produced and everything, but not my bag. Chilled Out Downbeat Hop is a very nice sound, but far too repetive IMO.

Message 12/14             12-Sep-03  @  12:29 PM     Edit: 12-Sep-03  |  12:29 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

RagnarOk

Link?: Link

fear:

Really not my style, so hard to say anything objective. The mixing seems fine and the whole track sounds professional enough, at least to me   Like the effects that come and go and break the monotony.

bassics:

This one is cool, I'm not into hiphop either, but found the vibe entertaining. The vocal in the verse has a rather Nick Caveish deep colour.   Rythm/bass parts work together well. Also, I like the composition. What's missing... a more sophisticated ending maybe?

Cheers,
Rags

Message 13/14             12-Sep-03  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

Bug

Thanks for all the input, i know what you mean about f.e.a.r i think it kinda needs something else, some nice percussion mabe? the sound i was going for was like a track by dan robbins called 'chanting in the dark' very minimal tribally thingie crossed with green velvet.
On bassics i played the bass on that one and then cut it up, but i had no preamp so when i recorded it the quality was low and i just dirtyed up the drums to match!! just seems to fit as a full track somehow.

The problem i have is keeping the interset in a tune, ive been producing for about 5 years now and i still havent found the right medium, its either overdone or to minimal!! im hoping time will fix this.

Cheers

Bug 

Message 14/14             12-Sep-03  @  01:03 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

Bug

The problem i have is keeping the 'interset' in a tune, ive been producing for about 5 years now and i still havent found the right medium, its either overdone or to minimal!! im hoping time will fix this

Ooops I meant interest

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)