aaa Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 12-Oct-98  @  10:21 AM   -   Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Kewa

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

If I want to record the arpeggiator
in Cubase it seems i have to put the sequencers Midi thru to Off.
Is this normal ??

The problem is: if the midi thru in cubase is set to Off my masterkeyboard doesn't effect the arpeggio anymore.

So i can record an arpeggio but no arpeggio changes.

What am i doing wrong ???

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             07-Dec-98  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

nihal

Hi Phil

a little question :

If a play with a Roland midi control keyboard the Supernova all is ok ...connecting also the Supernova thru to the midi in of my PC (sb16) then I can record
tracks on Cubase (3.05)
If i connect the midi keyboard directly to the PC and the midi out of the PC (sw thru is enable ) to the midi in of Supernova , nothing happen and I cannot record on cubase.
What is the change implemented by the supernova that allow midi to be recorded by cubase ?
Thanks in advance.
Nihal

Message 12/14             07-Dec-98  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

logiclo

Phill
I'm playing the Nova with midi out to merge box with masterkb to cubase.
in cubase ,"midi filter", "thru" controllers window cheked.in thies case,cubase dosen't recored real time controllers,and the MW in masterkb is not responding.
If the window is clear,the Supernova get "crasy".
please HELP.

Message 13/14             14-Dec-98  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

nick_rice

I had the same problem....

My solution was to install another soundcard in my PC for midi only. Put the supernova on this new midi chain, enable both inputs in cubase, and disable midi through for just the supanova chain. This works really well for this problem, and if you have been having problems with recording rez sweeps (or any "twiddle knob" functions this will sort these out too. Don't forget, if you want to record data from this knobs, don't allow cubase to filter out control and sysex for recording functions!

If you are using anything other than an IBM Compatable, I don't know what you can do - there may be a way for you to add another chain.

Message 14/14             11-Jan-99  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Phill

We will include a local off function in V3 OS that will fix this problem. You will be able to have Thru on.

Cheers
Phill@Novation

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)