aaa Trouble loading OS3 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Trouble loading OS3

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 09-Apr-99  @  07:07 PM   -   Trouble loading OS3

matt.young

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hey -

I'm using Cubase 3.65 VST to try to load OS3 into the supernova, and haven't had luck yet. It used to be that about halfway through (no matter what the tempo, I had it around 70bpm), I'd get a "Packet Error" message.

After several tries, I can now only get just past 'receiving O/S 3' and then immediately get a packet error.

is there any difference in the instructions for loading os/3 versus 2? Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Matt

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             11-Apr-99  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Trouble loading OS3

Mickey

Really dumb is that the SysEx bug has been introduced in the 1.02 driver. The 1.00 drivers work better (although far from really good).

Mickey.

Message 12/14             11-Apr-99  @  11:33 PM   -   RE: Trouble loading OS3

matt.young

Hey -

I've solved the problem with my system and just wanted to let you all know how in case this works for anyone else.

Turns out Netscape wasn't downloading the file correctly - if it looks like the track is HUGE when you open the midi file (something like 2400 measures of data), then it probably didn't download correctly.

Use IE to download the midi file from the website and it might work out for you.

BTW, I use Layla as a MIDI card/Digital Audio IO. Fantastic piece of equipment.

New OS is great, Phill!

Matt
http://attack.oit.duke.edu/

Message 13/14             21-Apr-99  @  01:36 AM   -   RE: Trouble loading OS3

nixobeee

Just would like to mention I'm also having the sysex send problem with my f***g MOTU midiexpress XT. Tried everything humanly possible. Aaaargh ! I want my V3 in the box !

Message 14/14             21-Apr-99  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: Trouble loading OS3

chris

I used Windows Media player to send the OS and it worked fine.

Chris

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)