aaa the filter does distort on s/nova - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

21-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: the filter does distort on s/nova

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 27-Apr-00  @  05:27 AM   -   the filter does distort on s/nova

no address

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

it seems people just wont admit it
you can turn off all fx distortion, turn down overdrive on filterIn fact turn off all the fx use a pad sound that nice vocal pad will do open filter a bit turn up noise a bit and play a 3 to 5 note chord using bass notes and high notes ,no matter how low osc levels are and out puts both in performance and part ect you CAN MAKE THE FILTER DISTORT.i have seen several people here mention this and no decent answer ever the machine distorts on some filter settings and some sounds.

sort it out novation we cant all be mad ive been programming and releasing music for years the s/nova is about 90% complete for the £1000 or near yer pay for one it should be 101%

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             12-May-00  @  03:28 AM   -   RE: the filter does distort on s/nova

ok ok

Link?: Link

yeap you still do get some crackling in certain sounds even when all that has been said has been done:also this is increased when chorus is added to the sound, low osc levels ,low program levels,low output done all that some crackling is still evident.

Message 12/14             14-May-00  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: the filter does distort on s/nova

Phill

Cracking/clicks can only be
caused by over level of the prog or
delays set to sync.

The latter will be fixed in the next
upgrade.

Phill

Message 13/14             14-May-00  @  04:26 PM   -   RE: the filter does distort on s/nova

intro5pect

I have had problems with a crackling sound in my supernova for a while. In my case it was not caused by anything not syncing properly or too much level, but simply seemed to be some kind of problem with the D/A converters or so. The crackling seemed to be worst on outputs 1/2 and better, but still there on outs 3-8. Although It is not a perfect solution, rather than send my SN back to novation and pay money that I don't have. I discovered that there is no crackling from the headphone outs, so I simply use that signal. Just wanted to let you know that my SN has crackling symptoms too.

Message 14/14             14-May-00  @  06:23 PM   -   RE: the filter does distort on s/nova

Oxo

Sounds like it's a hardware fault in that particular unit then...

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)