aaa AWE 64GOLD - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: AWE 64GOLD

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 30-Nov-97  @  01:20 PM   -   AWE 64GOLD

master b

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

ok gang tell me about this shit...kewl fer its price or what?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             28-Dec-97  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

You should check out the Creative FTP site (I'm pretty sure they have one).. Almost every hardware company has drivers lying around in case you lose your disks

Message 12/14             29-Dec-97  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

KILO

YUP..... the awe cards are accessible by standard sb drivers included with windows 95..... the updates are at the creative site....... there's a link direct at the soundblaster page in the soundcards section...... but it's about the quality as the man above said........ they are ok for a couple of hundred.......

there are other options....... check the cards section........ the new turtle DAYTONA is the one he's on about..... I'll have to do a page for it in the new year...... looks very good if you just go for the card for audio output..... all the rest such as extra sounds via system ram doesnt seem to be a bonus.......well, not for studio..... but it looks interesting, cos its a PCI busmaster card... so you should get more tracks.....however, I cant say how it'll go with logic, or vst.....although cakewalk always seems to work with windows cards pretty efficiently.....anyway....it's VERY cheap..... I'd give that one a shot..... at that price, you can forget about the quality of the synth.... if stereo out is enuff for you it seems like a good buy...... but, you have to say that first, does your s/w support multiple cards.?....... if no, then give it a shot...... if yes..... then the starter Event Darla card is only like double the price.... 299..... which is very good for 8 out pci busmaster......

Message 13/14             09-Jan-98  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

alias7

Erghh... Tell me if i'm wrong, but if you use Cubase or some other sequence program with some
syths and only use the synts audio output. Do you then really? need i good soundcard? Cant see
why.... More MIDI channels?

Message 14/14             10-Jan-98  @  02:25 AM   -   RE: AWE 64GOLD

kilo

nope.... a cheap nasty one will do it...

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)