aaa "ALL IN ONE BOX"--is it possible? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: "ALL IN ONE BOX"--is it possible?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 25-Apr-98  @  06:24 AM   -   Contender #1: Ensoniq's ASR-X

ist

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Advice needed:

I don't own any gear and was looking for a good starter kit that I could also make full tracks with. I was deciding between the Roland MC-505 and the ASR-X, chose the ASR-X. I got the ASR-X for ~$1500 w/dance card and SCSI. Questions:

1) What do you feel is the best ALL-IN-ONE box? (You need not stick to the two above)
2) What is a good piece in that price range that will function as a start to a collection?
3) What do you like better: ASR-X or 505?

Thanks so much for your replies,
Peace and happy music making.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/14             27-Apr-98  @  06:38 PM   -   RE:

Pluckster

I don't see why you want a all-in-1-box? For that money you can get enough stuff for a whole setup... you don't have enough space or something?

Message 12/14             27-Apr-98  @  06:53 PM   -   RE: Pluckster

ist

Can I get a really good setup for that money?

Didn't think so. Would love suggestions.

Message 13/14             28-Apr-98  @  08:21 AM   -   RE:

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

USED USED USED..... Yeah, man!! I mean , how much? Let's say 1600 bucks.... An Emax, a Mackie 1202, a GINA card, an old monosynth, one (Or two) of the old Casios... Monitors and your choice of a DAT machine or a used module for pads and such.. You've obviously already got a computer... You could get everything used but the Gina card, and that's just the card I'd like, and is not everyone's cup of tea... Say, British HIFI speakers (Let's take Kilo's advice) and a used Turtle Beach card..... I mean, if you gave me 1600 bucks to get a setup, I'd be pretty happy for about a year... pinch those pennies (This is USD)

Message 14/14             28-Apr-98  @  09:53 AM   -   RE:

fingers

Sedusa have you tried that Phatt Boy or whatever its called. Knobs a plenty by the looks of it...

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)