aaa Nova or Virus or Pulse etc.... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nova or Virus or Pulse etc....

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 25-Nov-99  @  09:38 AM   -   Nova or Virus or Pulse etc....

wai

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Which ynth do go for? I'm not after nice Piano, smooth Brass sounds. What i'm after are some dirty sub bases. Anyone have any suggestions?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             16-Dec-99  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: Nova or Virus or Pulse etc....

wai

Hey Joe, what about Ed Rush, Optical what do tyhey use? I've got a 6400 ultra already and thinking of getting an A4/5000 aswell purley for Midi controllerble fx and Loop remix. You release commercially? Heard some of your tunes, but Real Audio dsen't really do them any justice

Message 12/15             17-Dec-99  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: Nova or Virus or Pulse etc....

12bit

Hey wai. I'm from sweden. Not a great country of hardstep but, whatever... =)

Message 13/15             18-Dec-99  @  09:49 AM   -   RE: Nova or Virus or Pulse etc....

l

The fattest bases is still analog i would say, but the pulse is a bit weak. Of the modern real analog synths the Studio Electronics rules. The ATC-1 and SE-1 has the same punch as a Minimoog but with presets and full MIDI spec. If you need multitimbrality then i must agree with Joe about the Microwave 1, very nice indeed for basses. Proper analog filters instead the not so warm and fat filters in the current version. But the best of all is the synths on the Creamware Pulsar. The Moog, the waldorf oscillators thru the u-know filter, Level ONE. All outstanding.
Old analogs like the PRO-1 and Oscar do a nice job as well. The Virus is a good allround choice though i would say and can produce some decent bass.

Message 14/15             20-Dec-99  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: Nova or Virus or Pulse etc....

joe

Link?: Link

Wai, these are the only items that I know from Ed/Op's kit list:

e6400
Pro one
Z1
Virus

I'm sure there's loads more.

I don't think I'd bother getting another sampler if I was you, get yourself some decent processing gear and a nice synth instead.
Consider something like a Virus or Nord Modular that has audio inputs and run one of your sampler's outputs into it.

Hijackers have got something coming out early next year with a fairly well known DnB label but I can't discuss it yet.

Joe.

Message 15/15             20-Dec-99  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: Nova or Virus or Pulse etc....

wai

Just to say thanks to everyone for the info's. I love this Dancetek site, full of usefull info. Merry xmas to all

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)