aaa Balanced and Unbalanced In/Out? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Balanced and Unbalanced In/Out?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 11-Jan-01  @  02:44 PM   -   Balanced and Unbalanced sockets?

blackkeys

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Can someone please help me out with a question I have?
What is the difference between Balanced and Unbalanced sockets?
Do you have to use different cords for different types of sockets. And in that case how and why?
I'd be really happy for an answer!
Thanks and cheers!
/John

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             23-Jan-01  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: Balanced and Unbalanced In/Out?

Defector Z

Nobody makes cables, too. I haven't hooked it up yet to try it, but if looks mean anything, it's pretty solid. It's red too. :-)

Message 12/15             05-Feb-01  @  07:36 PM   -   RE: Balanced and Unbalanced In/Out?

opus

Link?:  Link

nobody make real nice cables! mine is a kind of baby blue

Message 13/15             09-Feb-01  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: Balanced and Unbalanced In/Out?

druma

hey while on the topic: got my xtra 8 analouge ins for the 01v (balanced I belevie) but the only balanced outs r from my xbase (3 outs) I guess I have to get balanced 1/4” cables? (the signal is low using standard cables) but that still leaves 5 balanced inputs (which I belevie can b used w unbalnced signals (?) but no matter what I plug into them I’m always getting a low signal and there is no gain level controle! What am a dude to do? …A) is there a i/o box/amp that converts unbalanced to balanced? B) can I somehow work it out?! or C) u should have thought about it before u bought it sucker!!
mucho gracias

Message 14/15             10-Feb-01  @  02:15 AM   -   RE: Balanced and Unbalanced In/Out?

influx

Link?:  Link

no gain on the extra ins? yes there is! its not hardware tho..you gotta flip oh hell I guess not

yes there are converters. theyre called balancing transformers..or a DI box would do the same thing..

if youre interested in such a thing, I have two that Im selling for someone...both 8 in 8 out made by Inward Connections here in california. top notch stuff

Message 15/15             10-Feb-01  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Balanced and Unbalanced In/Out?

druma

Thanks man,... u gotta flip, u mean flip cannels to one of the 1-16 and use thre gain on that ?? dosn't make sence unless the o1v actually routs the signal throug the gain amp wich I thought was directly conected to each cannel!? if not the 8 in 8 out is exactly what I need:

please email spacelf@hotmail.com

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)