aaa IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 22-Apr-99  @  04:06 PM   -   IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

JROMMEL

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I JUST GOT ONE,AND I WANT TO BE 100%,THAT IT IS THE
BEST.........LET YOUR WORDS BE MY CORMAND.

ROMMEL IN DENMARK.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             26-Apr-99  @  09:49 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

detoxx

It's O.K. but to me it is just another clone and you do have alot of limitations. I would prefer the 505.

Message 12/15             28-Apr-99  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

kavunici

what limitations? sequencer or sounds? if you're talking about sounds youre right. but its a great sequencer.. buy a sampler.

Message 13/15             28-Apr-99  @  07:37 AM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

gmacdona

why buy a sampler.?sampelrs are to hard to use...if you wake up in the middle of the night with some crazy idea for a song and you gotta try and make it quick good luck doin it on a sampler...

Message 14/15             28-Apr-99  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

jeremyk

I think it probably is ...

I have had an RM1X for about a week and the thing is awesome. It would be worth the money for the sequencer alone. The clock resolution is 480ppq which is 5 times better than the Roland 505 and your quasimidi's (96ppq) and the in-built patterns are superb - plus you can easily alter them and store tons of your own. Although I did not buy it primarily for the tone generator I think it stands up well mixed in with my other gear (prophecy,db9,orbit,matrix1000,akaiS900)at mixdown but the sequencer is what really sets it apart from the rest.

Message 15/15             06-May-99  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

circuit slave

I'm running an MMT8 (x 2) as the main sequencing for an ASR-X-PRO, Juno 106, and a bassstation. It's a good set up, but I do like the RM1X for the xox and step recording, plus I could always use XG in the background. What I want to know if someone could explain is this: Will the RM1x do pattern changes live, and is it recordable, or do you have to chain them together first. Can you tweak various gear with the knobs on the RM1x also. Thanks.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)