aaa Korg Prophecy - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Korg Prophecy

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 27-Apr-99  @  01:24 AM   -   Korg Prophecy

ReZo-99

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Should I buy a Prophecy for $660 U.S.? I found one and Im wondering if thats a cool price to pay for one.

ReZo-99

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             28-Apr-99  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy

Mies

Link?:  No link

He Blue your right computers are our friends and the future. ever considered a Creamware Pulsar, a professionel soundcard which has everything from modulair systems until a 32 channel mixer. Check it out at: www.creamware.com

Message 12/15             28-Apr-99  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy

Mies

He Blue your right computers are our friends and the future. ever considered a Creamware Pulsar, a professionel soundcard which has everything from modulair systems until a 32 channel mixer. Check it out at: www.creamware.com

Message 13/15             28-Apr-99  @  05:58 PM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy

©hrisFader

Yeah, with a sampler like an ASR, you could go with either. I hate sampling synths personally because my brain works better with synth editing than with sample editing =P

Now about the Nord Modular. What I have to say is FUCK THE NORD MODULAR. But only cuz they don't make it for a Mac and it does not look like they will be soon, according to the guys at Clavia. If I was into PCs, I would have gotten this a long time ago because it is dope on a rope. I played with this for the first time about 3 years ago at the last NAMM that they held in Anaheim...1997. It is some ill shit. You can literally make it do whatever you want to do. If you have a PC with some nuts, you can really go off with the Nord Mod. Want more oscillators? Make 'em up. Control all of your mods on screen and then tweak the parameters with the knobs on the cool little keyboard.

Eventually I will buy a PC just to run the Nord Modular and i will buy it. PCs are cheaper every day and then I could just sequence it using my REAL computer.

=P

There are a lot of software synths coming out all the time, some of which are useful (like SEER Systems Reality), some of which are more for knob tweakers (Nord Mod) and some of which are just trippy, weird, or otherwise geared for the hardcore sound designer (can't remember the name, but saw a program that translated graphical information into sound based on shapes and colors in the graphic). Rambling again....sorry.

©hrisFader

Message 14/15             29-Apr-99  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Nord Modular is cool from what I've seen, and again, can't go wrong with the computer...it's the most versatile machine on earth (sequencer, synthesizer, sampler...)....Modular has nice patch cord synthesis system...

Rezo..I can understand what you're talking about with the external tweaking....it will sound like shit, better to keep it all in one machine with knobs.

About the Trinity...unless you have the bread, you'd be wasting your money. You already have a sampling workstation....if you want it and are short on money, sell your ASR-10, buy the Trinity and get a Z1 card installed.

Message 15/15             30-Apr-99  @  06:43 AM   -   RE: Korg Prophecy

Skot_e

I know I'd rather have the Nord Modular,
now if only I could find that money tree.....

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)