aaa "Ballast"...new track - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: "Ballast"...new track

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 23-Apr-01  @  03:40 PM   -   New track

Defector Z

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hey - just uploaded a new track - Ballast. I filed it under drum and bass, but I'm not sure it fits. I was aiming at a dnb sound. The lofi hides alot of the reverb, and going mono destroyed many of the stereo type effects. Hope you enjoy. Lemme know what you think

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             01-May-01  @  11:06 PM   -   RE:

seenull

Link?:  No link

Nice! I like the drums a lot. I'd have to say the filter sweeps at 1:35 are a bit too extreme, and that the pad that comes in at 2:00 is rather loud. Then again, I was listening on my tiny speakers at work, which might be the problem. It definitely stays interesting through the entire track--highly appreciated.

Message 12/15             01-May-01  @  11:15 PM   -   RE:

Rhea

Link?: Link

Yup. Very nice indeed. Keep it up.

Message 13/15             02-May-01  @  12:30 AM   -   RE:

damballah

I listened. I'm practicing keeping my big fucking yap shut.

Message 14/15             03-May-01  @  08:57 PM   -   RE:

sitar

Link?:  Link

About time you got another track going. You think you can take a break after you finish a cd? :P

Like the drums. Cool to hear them start out sounding like We Will We Will Rock You is sure to follow. Then they take up some breaks. And the Koto ending. Nice.

I thought of it too late and of course now it's way too late, but when that DTer of the Year vote thread was going on, I should've cast my vote for you because you finished your 1st cd (of many I hope) last year.

Message 15/15             04-May-01  @  01:52 PM   -   RE:

Defector Z

Sitar - hey, thanks for the kind words - my cd went pretty unnoticed. :-) That's fine, as proud of it as I am, the new stuff is better. IMO. And hey - I've got LOTS of stuff since the cd - Ballast, Matilda's Engagement Party, and Inside - all new since the cd. Not bad for 4 months, right? Actually, I'm in kind of a rut for the last couple of weeks. I've taken a little break from it.

Anyhow - thanks all for listening. I'm not happy with the lo-fi mono version as the drums are WAY too loud, but if you can stomach it, grab the MP3 from my site and take a listen. I'm actually pretty happy with that version...

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)