aaa Shot or Clap - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Shot or Clap

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 16-May-01  @  09:19 PM   -   Shot or Clap

Johan_wuyts

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi,

I am looking for a drumcomputer or sample from that shot/clap they use all the time in r&b and some dance songs.

I mean that very shorten sound that sounds like a hollow clap (not like a 909 or 808) always used on the second and fourth beat.

Please let met know where i can find this or other good drum sample sides.

grts johan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/15             27-May-01  @  10:13 PM   -   RE: Shot or Clap

k

Link?: Link

thats a 909 rimshot detuned and messed with

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/15             29-May-01  @  08:10 AM   -   RE: Shot or Clap

prototype_shb

R&B? Are you talking about an extremely punchy snare that has this crack to it? The snare I hear in r&b mostly sound like theirs a wood block layered on top of a light snare hit, or a clap. With the snare or clap's volume set lower, experiment with pitch to see what best complements the wood block.

With the right combination of instruments and the proper effects, I think you could produce some similar sounds this way.

Message 13/15             07-Jun-01  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: Shot or Clap

Johan_wuyts

Sorry for my late reaction i've been away for a while.

I think you are right. It does sounds like a snare layered with a wood block. Do you have any idea where you download some good samples for these kind of drums? I only own a jomox for drums and a dusted mc303). And i can't succeed making this sound with these units.

grts, johan

Message 14/15             08-Jun-01  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: Shot or Clap

k

we'll be bringing you some RnB drum samples soon. but that 'wood block' is most likely the 909 rimshot which sounds like a wood block when detuned, that total-detune sound was VERY common standard 'snare' sound for reggea/dancehall a while back & still appears like on 'Nuff respect' (link above)... layered on a tight snappy snare it does the biz mixed right

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 15/15             12-Jun-01  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: Shot or Clap

Johan_wuyts

Thanks

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)