aaa List Known Probs A3000 Please. - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: List Known Probs A3000 Please.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 09-Aug-00  @  02:26 PM   -   List Known Probs A3000 Please.

adams04

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi,i have decided to get a good sh A3000v2.
Could users please list all known problems ,like noisy internal scsi ,so i know Exactly what to ask when i go hunting.

Thanx Guru.

PS i use a ABITBH6/Celery@450,256mb ,2 drives(plan to add external scsi 4 A3000),HSP64 s,card,VST24Bit,etc.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             16-Aug-00  @  06:03 AM   -   RE: List Known Probs A3000 Please.

Jasper

yeah your right, the DM5 snare samples (wav) are fucking awsome though.. yeah, well useable.

Message 12/16             18-Aug-00  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: List Known Probs A3000 Please.

0/d

Link?:  Link

yeah the dm5 snares are PHAT! two other sound banks worthy of mentioning is the virus drum kit(so usefull) and the nordlead bank.Theres some other brilliant kits there,well worth a regular vist.I've tried to upload a few banks but i can't figure out ftp whatsoever.

As far as a3k format cd's are related,I was talking to a freind of mine who works in a music store just today(i bought a shure sm58 mic:@),excellent mic btw)and asked about sample cd's and he said they are getting a3k format cd's in a few weeks,new ones yamaha have created to ship with the a5k/a4k,they'll also be on sale seperatly for old a3k owners to purchase.

Message 13/16             06-Sep-00  @  08:36 PM   -   RE: List Known Probs A3000 Please.

adams04

Hi guys ,just to re-cap and clarify.
This whole Zip250 thing,i need that connected to the A3000.Then i get an scsi adaptor card for the pc.This connects to the Zip too.Is this how it all communicates?
I also will have to get Wavelab or Sforge.
Hmm.
Gets quite expensive.

Well thanx 4 a clear cable to box explanation.I can explain my future joys to my wife,who,s helping me buy all this.

Cheers Guru.

Message 14/16             08-Sep-00  @  08:20 AM   -   RE: List Known Probs A3000 Please.

Dougal

Guru

That is correct.

You can get TWE (Tiny Wave Editor) from Yamaha which is designed to work with the A3K and is OK for loading of samples and basic looping (it's better than the A3K at least!). Good news is that it is FREE from any Yamaha website.

Wavelab rocks for loop editing. I may be wrong but I'm sure the guys at #audiowarez at Dalnet would know where you can get a copy going errrmm...cheap.

F***ing kick-ass sampler ain't it!?

Message 15/16             08-Sep-00  @  03:12 PM   -   RE: List Known Probs A3000 Please.

adams04

Hi Doug
no magic roundabout jokes heh heh,no offence.
I,m getting mine in Paris next wednesday for 700Quid ex demo with 32 mo.
The only other deal i got was on a fully loaded 4 a grand.Too rich 4 me.
Anyway,yeah,right TW editor.
I,m getting Soundforge ,just found out.
Cracked it as they say.....
Also getting Nuendo which looks wicked 4 loops!
All in all a good days work.
Cheers Guru.

Message 16/16             08-Sep-00  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: List Known Probs A3000 Please.

adams04

Hi Doug
no magic roundabout jokes heh heh,no offence.
I,m getting mine in Paris next wednesday for 700Quid ex demo with 32 mo.
The only other deal i got was on a fully loaded 4 a grand.Too rich 4 me.
Anyway,yeah,right TW editor.
I,m getting Soundforge ,just found out.
Cracked it as they say.....
Also getting Nuendo which looks wicked 4 loops!
All in all a good days work.
Cheers Guru.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)