aaa Boxwell needs you! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Boxwell needs you!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 07-Dec-01  @  10:02 PM   -   Boxwell needs you!

Boxwell

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

The artist formerly known as Kylie needs your help.

I've done this trip hop track that I am going to add my own beautiful Highland spoken word piece over the top, and a haunting female vocal.

Problem is, I can't think of any vocals. If anyone has any dark stories that they think may fit over the song please let me know. The sample at the end might give you a hint of the tone I'm looking for.

As always, I'd like to hear your opinions on the track.

I'm thinking of adding a bass guitar but I'm not sure. I like the space in it and don't want to clutter it.

It's called Teeeeth, as I was having major dental reconstruction in the same weeks as writing this. Could explain quite a lot.

Thanks
Graeme

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             08-Dec-01  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: Boxwell needs you!

Boxwell

Link?: Link

I've tried varying the reverb and it works well. That's a good tip to remember.

Is there any way of doing the filter rolloff on the reverb using an S3000?

I cant work it out if there is. I've tried assigning the mod wheel to the filter and trying to do it by hand but not very successfully!

Thanks again
Graeme

Message 12/16             08-Dec-01  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: Boxwell needs you!

xoxos

since i'm going to be lo-tekking it for hte entire way on track i'm working on (darn amd) i'm ognna send a section of my 'final' track back to my s2000 and then rerecord it thru s/pdif with a filter envelope and cut it back into the final.

Message 13/16             10-Dec-01  @  12:52 AM   -   RE: Boxwell needs you!

sitar

Hey! Listened to 'TEEETH'. Listening to 'Afghan Hound'. Great track. I love that vocal sample you mangle that comes in with the beat. This track is excellent. Great DnB man.

Message 14/16             10-Dec-01  @  12:55 AM   -   RE: Boxwell needs you!

sitar

Oh, got my vote  

Message 15/16             10-Dec-01  @  09:42 PM   -   RE: Boxwell needs you!

monkeyboy

listened to teeth thought it was ok, but you havent finished it yet have you? listened to afghan hound, listened to it again and again...if you havent figured it out i really like this track...it in rocks...love the way it slowly builds up from the vocal...youve got some great sounds in there...love the islamic prayer sample...very topical.

Message 16/16             11-Dec-01  @  08:51 AM   -   RE: Boxwell needs you!

Boxwell

You're right Monkeyboy, I haven't finished teeth yet, but I have done loads since the version up here. I'll have to get the new one up once I get a vocal on it.

Glad you all seem to like Afghan Hound

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)