aaa 'sbeen so looooong - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 'sbeen so looooong

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 31-Dec-01  @  07:06 AM   -   'sbeen so looooong

psylichon

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Been working so much I almost forgot how to write music. 2 new tracks up in my profile: Scratch Demo and Unconcious Effort. Let me know if you like or not and stuff...

psylichon

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             08-Jan-02  @  02:18 AM   -   RE: 'sbeen so looooong

psylichon

Link?: Link

funny you should ask...

it actually takes some trial and error. I've found the best to be a combination of a large one and a small one (like 2" diameter for the big one and less than 1/2" for the smaller) tied together. If you can find the right size band in a hair elastic (the kind with a threaded insulation around it) they work great because they don't have as much friction as a plain rubberband, and the getup tends to rub at the point where the two are tied together. This can slow down yer action. The length of the band depends of course on what you're tying down to. I use a rack screw hole on the left side of my mixer (I cut with the left hand, table on the right)

The key is to find a combination of bands that's tight enough to reliably pull the fader fully off when released, but only requiring a hairpin trigger to open the channel. When you find it, hoo boy hot diggity it's fun

yee haw

psylichon

Message 12/16             08-Jan-02  @  02:38 AM   -   RE: 'sbeen so looooong

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

see?

Message 13/16             08-Jan-02  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: 'sbeen so looooong

influx

cheater!!! 

Message 14/16             08-Jan-02  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: 'sbeen so looooong

knowa

that's awesome. I have the same stanton and I'm gonna rubber band it tonight. but I'm not gonna tell my real-DJ friends.

PS I'll listen later when I have a chance.

Message 15/16             13-Jan-02  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: 'sbeen so looooong

sitar

Listened to Unconcious Effort. Nice feel and I like the scratches. Nice and tight. Scratch Demo 1 is amazing. Excellent.

Message 16/16             14-Jan-02  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: 'sbeen so looooong

breakerbox

power to you, man...
I got 1 turntable and a stanton sk6 (has hamster and crossfader curve) i just started scratching... (thats why i got only one 1200... i suck at betmatching too.. i know couple guys who are into turntablism... but didnt hear about the rubber band.. i am going to get some rubber bands... I am learning how to crab...
My mixer doesnt have a faceplate.. i went to Lovage last wed (kid koala -ing crazy...) i got dan the automator and kid koalas autograph on the plate... now i am dont want to put it back on the mixer... Nice clean cuts you have.. i am not that good yet.. anyways...

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)