aaa A different topic <gasp> - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: A different topic

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 07-Apr-98  @  05:10 AM   -   A different topic

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I've had just about enough of this "my tracker vs. your mpc" & "which sampler emulating drum machine should I buy?" crap for today, so if you're interested maybe people could talk about the different musical scenes happening in your little corners of the world.

LA's (my home-town) only hope is jungle, Roni Size came with live musicians and all of a sudden industry people and promoters want to give support. The kids have hard-step, the bigger kids have DnB, and everybody knows it's more fun if you're not too faded. But then it seems so played out in the UK, I feel insecure about giving to much to it. I mean, we want to do whatever feels and sounds good to us, right, and not go jumping on whatever bandwagon's blowing up, but I've only been making jungle plates since last Autumn and am nowhere near established enough to be on the forefront of the wave in America.

So is it really as bad as you Brits make it sound? 170 bpm on laundry detergent commercials? or is that only with the cheesy Metalhedz-LTJ Bukem-Reprazent crap? How 'bout in Germany and Sweden, or is it still just all about the Riot and rockin' dem block-beats?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/16             08-Apr-98  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: A different topic

Sedusa

Yes, it depresses me.... Every car commercial I see has a break..... I counted yesterday, and 7/10 of the commercials had either a break or a bump-bump-bump and about half of those had a 303......

Message 12/16             09-Apr-98  @  07:10 AM   -   RE: A different topic

Link?:  No link

Yeah I hate that how there's all these basslines and breakbeats things in ads now. Its horrible but geez its better than some lame craphouse jingle that most ads have got....

Message 13/16             10-Apr-98  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: A different topic

DIGS

What the fuck are you guys crying about?The simple breaks you hear in advertising aren't even the same kind of music that you all are talking about.ie.dnb,breaks.The music that you hear,or feel,when you go out is of a totally different caliber.That jingle shit doesn't represent the dance scene it represents the commercial advertising market.A well produced track is a thing of emotion and bueaty where as a jingle is something to keep your brain from slipping into acoma while you waste away your time watching the tele!!
DIGS

Message 14/16             10-Apr-98  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: A different topic

influx

Brother has a point-they can never reallycatch the proper vibe cuz their hearts aint in it!

Message 15/16             10-Apr-98  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: A different topic

Megafun

Yeap, you got to fucking love it!!!!!!

Message 16/16             11-Apr-98  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: A different topic

Hilevelt

err, that BMW Z3 big beat jingle always gets my toes a-tappin' ;)

It's like the hippies, they thought they had something new and exciting and rebellious, and look at rock 'n roll now. Keep me out of that loop, thanks.

Rare grooves clubs have been poppin' up mad around here, too; probably a reaction against the popularity of "electronica" (i.e. big beat) in most clubs. Good live scene, there.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)