aaa Sounds!?! - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: Sounds!?!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 04-Dec-99  @  07:57 PM   -   Sounds!?!

sage

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Does anyone have any idea what kind of equipment crystal method, prodogy, (and even aphex twin) uses to make their drum sounds and synth sounds?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/17             05-Dec-99  @  09:15 PM   -   RE: Sounds!?!

sage

Link?:  No link

yeah i think it is the pitched 808s for the basses, i will try soon. if you want an mp3 of aphex twin i will make some soon as possible. thanks for the tips on the syth sound, the korg makes some sweet ones(i went to guitar center today). but there is this classic bassline i hear alot in the d&b song that i want to learn the notes for(pattern too i guess)... any clues?
damn it, i want to make some songs together you ppl (fresh, r-tek, anyone else interested) we could meet on irc (i run a channel on undernet) and send cakewalk files and mp3 back and forth, then i could mail the finshed song on a cd to everyone (not alot of ppl now $$(:cause the cash flow is not to big)that helped.

Message 12/17             05-Dec-99  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: Sounds!?!

fresh

I hate to disappoint but within the last several months I've come up with a system of working that is very personal to my gear. I'd hate to introduce other elements (like a long distance MP3 collaboration) into it right now because it finally works and I'm sounding good. Yet if anyone out there is from the Amherst Massachuesetts area, well that's another story. I hope you find someone.

Message 13/17             06-Dec-99  @  12:04 PM   -   RE: Sounds!?!

R-Tek

and this time next week, I`ll b doing all my sequencing on an MPC2000XL - dont flame me, I know the pros and cons; but I demoed it, and its 4 me, I`m sicking of clicking a fucking mouse 2 make music ( plus those MPC`s can really push out some wicked beats, u know). Maybe when we all get our shit together, we can hook up and remix eachothers stuff, eh? Dont have 2 b D+B, we can all just experiment - I think that`d b pretty cool......but my tunes r too shit at the mo` 2 let anyone loose on. But its well worth thinking about, anyway.

Message 14/17             06-Dec-99  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: Sounds!?!

cutoff_freq

Link?: Link

need sounds? i got tonned of phat drum samples on my webpage, check em out (just dont use getright to download)

http://members.xoom.com/fortyfourone

Message 15/17             06-Dec-99  @  10:44 PM   -   RE: Sounds!?!

sage

Link?:  Link

hey cutoff, that page will not load on computer. i guess there is not a clue to the pattern and keys of this classic D&B bassline i am trying to say??

Message 16/17             15-Dec-99  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Sounds!?!

earthcode

This is a shot in the dark but I'm after a sample CD that is deleted (at least in the UK) called 'TECHNO TOOLBOX'. If there is any one out there who has one I would be very interested in buying it or a copy. Thanks.

Message 17/17             01-Jan-00  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Sounds!?!

deltasleep

Link?: Link

i don't know for sure, but i've been told that Richard D James makes most of his equipment, he has a masters in electronics. smart guy really, but weird.

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)