aaa Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 31-Oct-99  @  11:27 PM   -   Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

jav123

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

The already out for a long time seems better by specs that pre S 5000/6000 akays, even it seems that it has more personality that theses lasts, now yamaha has announced (unoficially) a 4000 and A 5000 ( no specs thought).

But l would like to know from you, akay fans a defense of your samplers, also a curiosity, S 5000/6000 are announced to have many kind of filters, fine, but how many simultaneous ones can you have in a sample/program?.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             13-Dec-99  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

V

sorry to interupt. i want an Akai 5k just cus it will read .wav off any hard drive, can yours do that?

V

Message 12/18             13-Dec-99  @  09:48 AM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

Timo.Kiviniemi

I sold my A3000 cause I find it rather slow to use. I want to compose not to spend hours to get to different instruments with different MIDI-channels into the A3K. The SCSI load times are awfully slow in A3K but it can read .wav files if they are loaded from floppy disk. This however takes a lifetime...
I haven't ever tried Akai samplers but I think that the new Emu E5000 Ultra looks quite appealling

Message 13/18             13-Dec-99  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

R-Tek

he he he. I`ve decided against the Yammy now anyway cos the Emus power is immense. I tested out the S5000 and the 6400 Ultra when I was looking 4 a sampler, and I gotta say, the Emu was miles ahead. Much more powerfull synthesis, warmer sound, better expandability etc. Just my opinion mind, but I felt the nu Akais were a rather cynical ploy on Akais behalf 2 try and stay on top of the game. I mean, they`ve only just managed 2 get up 2 where the E64 was years ago.

Message 14/18             13-Dec-99  @  05:17 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

k

imho E-mu samplers RULE sonically - although i do like that hard akai sound too - but when it comes to synthesis - no competition - e-mu everytime since the year dot -

Message 15/18             14-Dec-99  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

dru

Link?:  Link

dont know if this is a factor to anyone but me yammie 6 outs akai s5000 16 i think

Message 16/18             15-Dec-99  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

Jasper

whatever yuu buy is bound to be blasted out of the water in a years time anyway so why wait? get what you can now and start using it.

I wouldn't mind hearing the emu's sound, I never liked the akai sonically but I found the a3k really easy to work with when mixing.

so what sort of stuff can you do with the emu synthesis wise?

Message 17/18             15-Dec-99  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

wai

First of all what does "imho" mean??
As for the synth engine in EMU, well you can use anything to control anything. You get all different Modules like DC, Sum Amp, Quantizer don't even know what half of them do. Best thing to do is to go to EMU's home page and d'load the manual

Message 18/18             17-Dec-99  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: Akay versus Yamaha A x000 line of samplers

R-Tek

Yeah, its setup like a modular synth - u can route any parameter 2 another, multiple sources 2 the same destinations, as well. Allsorts of crazy shit is possible that a hapless dabbler like myself can`t possibly explain well enuff 2 do it justice.

How does it sound? Very musical 2 my ears, I still say Akais have the edge as far as beats r concerned but, 4 all round ability, the e-mu wins handsdown. I definately think e-mu have managed 2 grasp the fact that the sampler is a musical instrument much more than Akai have.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)