aaa Vampires - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Vampires

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 22-Aug-00  @  08:53 AM   -   Vampires

Maarten

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I need to vent here please....all month I've been planning to buy me a MPC2000XL. Tommorow is pay day for me , and guess what. Call the shop that's been advertising it for 2995 dutch guilders for the past few weeks today just to make sure it's in stock."Yeah ,we have one left but the price changed a wee bit; 3495" . I was like WTF?!! 500 increasement and I don't have it!!!
Damn damn damn it fuck!

-M-

Sorry , this all took place 5 minutes ago. Is this the case all over the place BTW?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             25-Aug-00  @  02:32 AM   -   RE: Vampires

Maarten

Victory is mine!Moah hahahaa!...excuse me...mate of mine came through ,gettin it for dealer-price.Now all I need to do is wait,wait ,wait,can't wait.

-M-

Message 12/18             25-Aug-00  @  08:35 AM   -   RE: Vampires

99devils

Link?:  No link

Cool, Maarten. Good stuff.

-Craig

Message 13/18             08-Sep-00  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: Vampires

Maarten

Finally came in yesterday, after looking at the display for five minutes I knew I needed to RTFM. First impression of a whole night reading and doing; a powerfull sequencer indeed, didn't touch the sampler-part much yet but the drumsounds supplied with it sound great....can't wait to continue this evening.
To make me even happier ; a collegue of mine saw me DTing and said "hey you're into that, I've got a keyboard at home which I don't use much , you can borrow." Thinking I' get a digital cheap 'lil keyboard, (don't know why I had that idea)but ...... he brought me a mint Alpha Juno2!My weekend can't possibly go wrong, except for the power-plug which was missing and looked exotic, hard to get hold of. (square entrance)If you've read till this, thanks for listening...

-M-

Message 14/18             08-Sep-00  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: Vampires

r-tek

Alpha juno eh? A pretty good synth as it happens, great strings and some nice pads, basses and drones. I sold mine for space reasons, but it sure did sound nice, shame about the interface.

Message 15/18             08-Sep-00  @  09:59 AM   -   RE: Vampires

Maarten

Yeah, no programmer though... well no costs for using it the next few weeks either, so who's complaining -not me.  

-M-

Message 16/18             08-Sep-00  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: Vampires

Rockstar

Hey maarten - check out kenfen.com, they've got a shitload of mpc drum disks there for free...I hear the zip-o-drums they sell is pretty tight too...

Message 17/18             09-Sep-00  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: Vampires

r-tek

Link?: Link

check good ol` rogers website too - hes got a coupla mpc60 disks there (they load up fine on the 2, just a little slower) - an 808 (I think, mebbe 909) disk, wow! I`ve always had trouble finding 808 samples ;) And, more usefully, an "ethnic" percussion disk which is *full* of usefull stuff, especially for the techno inclined if thats your bag. Check it out anyway.

Message 18/18             11-Sep-00  @  05:06 AM   -   RE: Vampires

Maarten

Thanks a bunch, the both of you!I'm just starting to get the hang of it, not knowing most functions and possibilities yet and already I've fallen in love. So easy/fast to use...
Gonna check out the sites.

-M-

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)