aaa I'll never buy another yamaha anything - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: I'll never buy another yamaha anything

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 04-May-00  @  05:45 AM   -   I'll never buy another yamaha anything

jj

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

That says it all.

my a3k after acting really really wierd, like after I assign a group of samples to a bank, half of them end up in another bank, but then one of the banks won't sound, get all that sorted out again, and boom, a3k freezes, all my nights prep work gone, all samples lost.

Forget it, I'm hooking up with a young company getting the stock options, cashing in, and never buying low end gear again!

Am I on edge?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             17-May-00  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: I'll never buy another yamaha anything

SwampMan

I used a separate harddrive on my A5000. I still f*cked up the partition though.

SwampMan

Message 12/18             17-May-00  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: I'll never buy another yamaha anything

SwampMan

I used a separate harddrive on my A5000. It still f*cked up the partition though.

SwampMan

Message 13/18             27-May-00  @  03:50 AM   -   RE: I'll never buy another yamaha anything

juno-sith

Isnīt the "partition fuk-up" incident totally unrelated of the sampler?
As long as your computer is connected to the same scsi-chain as the harddrive on your sampler and would be totally unrelated to what kind of sampler you have. Itīs bloddy windows fault because it overwrites some well chosen bytes that screq up yammys filesystem, but i have not had this problem myself and heard it only affects removable drives? maybe e-mu doesnīt have this problem it they thought about this when designing their filsystem?
just a thought..

Message 14/18             28-May-00  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: I'll never buy another yamaha anything

ouch Windows

Get a Mac G4.... No problems there.

Message 15/18             29-May-00  @  12:36 AM   -   RE: I'll never buy another yamaha anything

prw

No, the A4K/A5k (probably A3K) as well will completely erase the partition you're using if you manage to fill it up with more samples than are allowed per partition (which is entirely separate from disk space). It's a big problem, actually. I think I'm going to get a ZIP drive for mine so I wont run into the problem (you're more likely to run out of disk space than sample space on one of those).

Message 16/18             13-Jun-00  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: I'll never buy another yamaha anything

problematic G4

Hey G4, My G4 had to have the logic board,modem,hard drive,and the power supply replaced(all in the comfort of my home) by the tech b4 he could fix the problem so Never say NO PROBLEMS.MURPHY'S LAW...

Message 17/18             20-Jun-00  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: I'll never buy another yamaha anything

How about intelligent interface

Much better!

Message 18/18             30-Jun-00  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: I'll never buy another yamaha anything

errata

Yeah, I've used an A3000 for 2 years now, without a single complaint. it's true that win overwrites the first line on a removable drive disk if that line isn't a windows tag! But there are numerous fixxes that allow you to use removables with samplers without this problem!

The A3k will overwrite a partition if you max it in the middle of a save! That's a bitch but now you know! I swear by mine! Does everything and more that i can think of, all the time!

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)