aaa Nothing can emulate the TB 303 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 10-Apr-99  @  10:57 PM   -   Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Jay

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

There is tons of 303 emulators out there and some of them are really good. But there will never be the perfect 303 emulator. Sure the sounds coming out of the emulator may be the same but then it still will not be the same cus the box is not the same and even if the box looked the same it still wont be the same cus it dosen't say Roland on it. And no company except Roland them selfs can use that name. So the 303 will never be emulated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             14-Apr-99  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Deep Blue

I beg to differ. There are several synths that can "emulate" the 303. : 777
rebirth, expander(in it's 3 pole/ 18Db low pass filter mode), juno 106,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. There are lots man really....Question is?...see my posting.

Message 12/18             14-Apr-99  @  02:48 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Jay

This thread shows you how I feel about people who owns a 303. They get this nothing is better or the same adittude. That is all I hear around here. These 303 owners are so glued to there instrument. I rather loose the 303 what ever sound quality over reliability and cost. Its either Future Retro 777 or Rebirth 338 for me if I want the acid sound.

Later

Message 13/18             14-Apr-99  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

jcu3

That's why your a dorK! Understand?

Message 14/18             14-Apr-99  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

icu3

Oops I forgot to say that I fuck my mama. And I masterbate to faggot xxx movies. Im sorry Jay for calling you a dork. I am the dork. Understand?

Message 15/18             14-Apr-99  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

jcu3

Oh yeah E-Mail me if you wanna have sex boys. I am a transvestite so I'll be good both ways.

Bye!!

Message 16/18             15-Apr-99  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

where the fuck did sex come from? Back on topic now?

Message 17/18             15-Apr-99  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

©hrisFader

Jay - No. No. No. Read my post. How you can get a "nothing is better and nothing can emulate" from my post is beyond me, but that is certainly not anything like what I said. Actually, I believe the opposite, for the most part. What i was saying is that it doesn't matter what you use as long as you are happy with what comes out of it. I think that Rebirth does an excellent job of reproducing the 303 sound...IF THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT. And for $150, it's a hell of a bargain.

The 303, rebirth, the 777, a conga drum, and my voice are all musical instruments. I use them where I think they will work within a musical piece. I don't sit there thinking, "Golly, what if I use Rebirth instead of the 303 here and some trainspotter is able to tell the difference." Please.

Use the instruments you like to use. The 303 gives me joy, as do other musical instruments. People who are sitting there trying to emulate a "303" sound may want to get into sound design and get away from music, which as of last time I checked, was made by visionaries called musicians, and not by pricks who are liable to go up to someone in the middle of their live show and ridicule them for using a software program instead of a little plastic silver box.

Read my last post again. I wish there wasn't so much negativity on this board. I really like discussing the 303 with other people who also love the instrument, but the attitudes in here sicken me. Do you all know what could be accomplished if everybody started actually discussing 303 topics on here instead of hiding behind their little monitors and talking shit.

But what do I know?

©hrisFader

Message 18/18             16-Apr-99  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

technician

way too say it chris!

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)