aaa Fluffernutter!!! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Fluffernutter!!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 06-Jul-01  @  02:49 PM   -   Fluffernutter!!!

Defector Z

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Just realized I hadn't put any new music up recently. Problem is, I can't listen to the music once I encode to this level because my soundcard won't play it on my music workstation. Don't have a soundcard on THIS computer. So I'm fudged. Oh well.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             13-Jul-01  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: Fluffernutter!!!

Defector Z

Link?: Link

Thanks for listening all. Sorry I haven't responded sooner - don't spend much time on-line these days.

I really see the track as 2 seperate songs. 2 totally different directions that I find kind of refreshing. I'm not one to sit on one idea and try to stretch it out for 5 minutes. Can't do that, although sometimes my tracks appear to be on crack the way they change directions so often. Anyhow - I try to stay away from that really DIRTY bass - it fatigues the ears too quickly. I prefer my dnb to be a little more melodic, and moody. Rather than dirty. Does that make sense?

Message 12/18             13-Jul-01  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: Fluffernutter!!!

damballah

yeah, I notice in your stuff the part of you that wants to 'be a musician' is in a tug of war with the part of you that wants to 'rip shit up'. so to speak.

Message 13/18             13-Jul-01  @  02:44 AM   -   RE: Fluffernutter!!!

influx

Link?:  Link

the ever-challenging balance

Message 14/18             13-Jul-01  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: Fluffernutter!!!

Defector Z

Too much Jethro Tull I think...

Message 15/18             14-Jul-01  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: Fluffernutter!!!

brad

Big up to the man like Def Z! Hey this shit sounds great- fierce drum programming, and a good synth workout as well.

"I'm not one to sit on one idea and try to stretch it out for 5 minutes" Yeah I hear you BUT, (and I know I'm not the first to say this), on the dancefloor, we need something to stretch out a bit. Too many changes/new ideas can throw ppl off, not to mention Djs...I guess it all depends on what the mix is for. SO do an album version, do a 12" version, etc. I'm just sayin' think about the arrangement. You still sequencing everything live? Shit man, you could knock out a mix a day- "B4 work groggy mix," the "Just got laid mix," "2am drunken haze remix." You get the idea.

There are some great melodic DnB tracks that also 'rip-shit-up' Y'know like that JMJ&Flytronix "In too deep" track offa the 1st 'Logical Progressions.' OK maybe it's more atmospheric than hard, but I love that shit! Keep busting the programmed breakbeats, it's cool.

Message 16/18             14-Jul-01  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: Fluffernutter!!!

Espoo2

Link?:  No link

Nice intro.
Punchy drums.
Intro might be a little long.
EQ'd very nice, though.
Maybe not too long for a dj mix, though.
What about some reverb on the synth that comes in at around 2:00?
Nice. Making me bob my head.
Very professional mixing.
I'd add some sub in there though,
Maybe follow the B-line with it.
Nice drum programming.
Maybe some ghost snares in there?
Nicely produced track.
Congrats.

Message 17/18             14-Jul-01  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: Fluffernutter!!!

Defector Z

I'd be lying if I said most of my stuff is for the dance floor. As such, I don't really work my tracks for the dance floor. If I were to try to gig out somewhere, I'd definitely go out with a different sound - it's all about building slowly, and progressing. But that's not the kind of stuff I wanna make for your listening pleasure, you know? Maybe I should do a few dance tracks with the sole intention of a dancefloor audience, just to proove to myself I can do it.

Espoo - listening to the track, can't find a synth that comes in around 2min. What part are you talking about?

Brad - actually, I've changed my recording method significantly. I compose and arrange entirely in Cubase now (working audio card and all) and I record each instrument in as an audio track, and mix down there. Yeah - I used to have a million different mixes of tracks when I did the live sequencing and recording technique. Sometimes I'm tempted to rip out the RM1X for writing, but I've become comfortable in Cubase, and I like the flexibility of being able to add audio files in the song as well, without having to use the sampler.

Message 18/18             17-Jul-01  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Fluffernutter!!!

roller8

DefZ, nice work. As far as writing with dancefloor intent...well, lots of great dance classics weren't written as such to begin with. I say let inspiration continue to guide. Then get some dancefloor producers to remix it for you. That way you let the song grow naturally, you get the truth out on tape. Then some fresh ideas come from the outside remixers and you end up with the best of both worlds.

Writing in "remix mode" will probably just stifle a great track from fully spreading it's wings.

roller8

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)