aaa SONAR2 & DR008 problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 17-Apr-03  @  12:23 PM   -   SONAR2 & DR008 problem

k

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

i get the first note of a pattern NOT sounding and then ghost notes trigger which arent in the pattern at all and dont exist anywhere in the song - this even happens when creating a single drum pattern of one bar with nothing else on the arrange-page

however, Battery works fine -

anyone else get this DR008 glitch? - I cannot use it at all as a consequence!

do I need to update DR008 or something?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             05-May-03  @  11:01 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Defector z

Come one man, what's the story? I shouldn't have to reduce the performance of my pc in order to get this to work. Sonar and my Aardvark cards are supposed to have super low latency. You're telling me I can't use it and the DR-008 together?

Again - if you're not the right person to contact about this, who is?

Message 12/18             06-May-03  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Cakewalk

Link?: Link

The DR-008 that is included in SONAR XL is a third party plug-in. It was developed by FXpansion Audio. There is only so much that we can do to address bugs in plug-ins that we did not create. Unless we are suppplied with an updated patch for the plug-in, we can't provide it for you.

I would suggest that if this bug is a serious enough issue for you, that you contact FXPansion. It is my understanding that the bug you describe is fixed in the update to the full version of the DR-008. Perhaps they can give you a break on the update.

I wish I could supply more assistance with this matter.

Message 13/18             06-May-03  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

psylichon

I think the point is, Mr. Cakewalk, that if you use something to promote a product... a selling point, if you will... then you should provide support for it. or know how to. It's not fair or cool to cull together poorly-interacting elements and then give no support on their interaction, dig?

psy

Message 14/18             06-May-03  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

spectre_one

I asked about the problem on the Fxpansion forum's awhile back and didn't really get much of a reply. Maybe if more people complained..... Angus, who from what I gather is the man behind Fxpansion is the moderator in that forum.

I think that link will probably get cut off up top so heres the whole thing:

http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=13&sid=46f33671eb4e97561385488d3459006b

Message 15/18             07-May-03  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Defector z

Mr Cakewalk,

Thanks for the clarification - that was what I was looking for. I didn't want to be bugging you if it's not your problem. I'll follow up with fxpansion.

Message 16/18             07-May-03  @  04:08 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Cakewalk

Well it is our problem. We put the plug-in in the software and on the box. Unfortunately, we're stuck with this situation for the time being.

A majority of our users work in a different mindset than those in the dance music community so this issue with the DR-008 really hasn't been much of an issue with our users at large.

I care about you guys (and girls) and really would like to see our product support you better, that's why I check in here regularly.

I want you to know that we are listening, and you voice is being heard within the company.

Message 17/18             07-May-03  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

k

aha! - I suspected *most* Cake users were non dance makers - i think fixing a few glitches and adding better snap support would really widen your user-base

Message 18/18             18-May-03  @  02:19 AM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Defector z

Just to follow up with Mr. Cakewalk...

I addressed the ghost noting issue with the dude at fxpansion, and he recommended adjust the midi buffer (Options - global - midi) from the default of 500 to 50 or 100. I set mine at 50 and I'm not having ANY problems with ghost noting anymore. Seems to have cleared it up nicely. Maybe put that in your FAQ...

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)