aaa Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 19-Feb-05  @  09:28 PM     Edit: 19-Feb-05  |  09:48 PM   -   Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House MP3

Groove Factory

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

"Never Can Say Goodbye" - Groove Factory (Billy Dean Club Mix)
Genre: Funky Commercial House

320 Kbps 44,100 Hz
Download MP3

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             23-Feb-05  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

Groove Factory

heh.. I hated the original too!

Thanks for the comments, and really constructive criticism.. it means a lot and is real helpful. I have always ignored drum programming and am learning that it needs a lot more attention. like mentioned, adding rolls, breaks, etc. I think that is a common problem with dance is there is a tendency to under-simplify the drum programming. And I have no idea how to write a good MP3 from Soundforge... I thought it was point and click for the most part.

I loved Stock, Aitken & Waterman.. they were a huge influence and pioneered that UK 80's dance sound. What the f*ck happened to them? I'm sure they are filthy rich...

It was an acapella.. if you all don't already know I'll let you in on a bedroom producers wet-dream. Want free high quality accapellas? I've been a member here for awhile:

www.acapellas4u.co.uk

Over 5000 acapellas in every style imaginable and like K, they run a great forum with tight peeps ;)

Message 12/18             23-Feb-05  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

groovemonkey

Link?: Link

er.. no actually...

SAW did not pioneer any 80's UK dance sound.... they were pop producers...

acts like...

Andy Paul
Agents arenīt Aeroplanes
Divine
Hazell Dean
Edwina Laurie
Girl Talk
Dead or Alive
Spelt like this
Princess
Haywoode
Brilliant
Rin Tin Tin

etc etc etc

Nothing dance about that lot

G

Message 13/18             23-Feb-05  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

but they did have an in house remix thing going on that they would churn out with just about every release, even if it was hidden away on b-sides etc for the most part

hitfactory, or dancefactory or someything - you havent lived until youve experienced the hitfactory mix of kylies i should be so lucky......

shoulder pads and shiny mirror balls

Message 14/18             24-Feb-05  @  05:30 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

Groove Factory

Thanks G.. you're dead correct. Pop... Rick Astley

so where are they now? banging out trance tracks under a different name???

Message 15/18             24-Feb-05  @  08:19 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

Garuna

Don't forget Mel & Kim, Sonia and Brother Beyond..... oh God. Yep back when dance music was edgy and underground.

Message 16/18             01-Mar-05  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

urbicide

how come you have such a high quality mp3 that sounds like shit? The drums sound sloshy and like they were recorded at 96 k or sumtin. I'm not ragging the music (nice) but the drums sound overcompressed as does the music. I guess everyone likes that now.

Message 17/18             02-Mar-05  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

CydoniaCell

Stale and unimaginitive. Sorry, man. But nothing's happening here. I felt like I was listening to some commercial loops being thrown together in an audio sequencer. Not much programing, not much inspiration. I'm glad you love your scene, and all of that.

But this track doesn't go anywhere... and it doesn't move me.

Sorry.

An element or two that was written in your studio would help. Maybe something unexpected. Nice strings, but their straight samples, eh?

Can't imagine labels taking interest. I'd suggest you stick with it though, but it feels "immature"

e

Message 18/18             03-Mar-05  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

Groove Factory

Don't ever apologize (to me anyway) for criticism. That's how most people improve. The only sample is the vocals, guitar and some of the fx.. everything else was played. keys, bass and the 303 line (if you call that playing)... have gotten a lot of help with criticism from this and other forums.

some think it's absolute crap and I know dj's (emailed me) that are playing it out, so go figure.

the mp3 does really sound like shit.. the master is much, much better. but why bother to fix it? we are on to the next one.

and as for the scene, there is no scene left here ;)

thanks again!

Billy

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)