aaa so there's no global warming?... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: so there's no global warming?...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 16-May-06  @  06:06 PM   -   so there's no global warming?...

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

fucks sake, now we're going to have water rationing in england!! - the one place on the planet you can guarantee it'll be pissing down with fucking rain!!

s'funny... there's no water rationing in Egypt, and that's mostly fucking desert!

meanwhile the water companies make record profits yet again

hmmmmm

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             17-Apr-07  @  01:28 AM   -   RE: so there's no global warming?...

nme

Link?: Link

This is no shit, I work within the Transport, Travel Logistics & Utilities Sector within the Company I am employed by & as such I look after a small number of accounts in the Oil, Gas & Water industry so this is inside info from one of my customers tasked with repairing the water mains in the SE region, BTW there are 4 main contractors who have been awarded the work for the entire UK.

.........Straight from the horses mouth, the reason why there are hosepipe bans & water shortages is simple aswell as disgraceful. The UK is losing the equivalent of 1 resevoir per day due to leakage & is as a direct result of the lack of investment by the companies owing to the fact that huge profits have been prioritised over any substantial investment since privatisation of the industry.
Of course it dosnt help that the contractors employed to carry out emergency repairs do so with one arm tied behind there backs. Ever wondered why there appears to be one particular stretch of road closed for repairs weeks on end & when there finished & the holes are filled back in surfaces re-tarmaced, a week or so later the same company is back 100 yards further down the road doing it all over again? Simple, the Water Companies instructions are to patch the old mains rather than replace whole badly damaged sections (because the budget is not there to do so, allegedly) So the result is that the new repair simply pushes the problem down the mains to the next weakest point & bingo, off we go again & of course the multiple 1 off repairs cost way more than doing the job correctly in the first place!!!! WTF????

And the cheeky fookers spent millions on an advertising campaign informing us about how much they are doing, how hard they are working to address these issues & how important it is for us to work with them, to wash your car using a bucket rather than a hosepipe, bath rather than shower etc, etc.... What they clearly fail to see is that we are working with them, we continue to pay there continually hiked up prices, continue to be disrupted by there ongoing & often unnessacery groundworks so that they can invest still less, pay fat cat bonuses & report record profits & they try & lay a guilt trip on me because I prefer a shower to a bath in the morning!!!!!! Talk about taking the piss!!!

The contractors who are carrying out the repairs are being screwed too, profit margins for them equate to around 8% so there is very little in it for them too & no room for error. However the Water Companies are creaming it both ways, minimal investment in the infrastructure, contractors cutting there own throats to win just about break even contracts & at the same time hiking the prices up through the roof for us, the consumer so that they can announce record profits to their boardmembers & the city.

There is however one huge priority at the moment & that is the Victorian Water & Sewerage maintenance project which is taking place around the clock 24/7 beneath London which in parts is in such bad repair can no longer be ignored. Clearly this is of strategic importance not just to a Water Companies reputation but politically too, due to the potential fall out. Whilst £m's are being sunk into this project at the cost of less politically influential parts of the country you cant help but wonder what deals behind closed doors are being made to ensure that the Government dosnt have to face up to any 'politically' life threatening issues that could oust them from power?

Water Company Profits

Message 12/18             17-Apr-07  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: so there's no global warming?...

k

yeah this is old news, but par for the course for corrupt privatised Britain... this week somewhere in a local newspaper:

"The contract to paint 1000 yds of corridors at the Upper Wifflington hospital was awarded to EXCREMENTIA who's winning bid came in at 2.7 million"

whatever... fuck britain... right in the ear.

lol, i was drinking one night late in a hotel lobby and started drinkin and talking with two other night owls who turned out to be... a guy from a scafolding company and a rep from british nuclear fuels... the BNF guy had just given the contract to the scaffolding guy's company.. it was to put scaffold round windscale for the renovation... how much for scaffolding?

ELEVEN MILLION QUID!!!!!

LOL

paid for out of my fucking taxes!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 13/18             19-Apr-07  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: so there's no global warming?...

Jock Munro

they are all cunts if you ask me, fucking cunts.

I've sent them all a turd in a jiffy.

The fucking cunts.

Message 14/18             19-Apr-07  @  06:24 AM   -   RE: so there's no global warming?...

k

Message 15/18             27-Apr-07  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: so there's no global warming?...

sitar

k wrote:

fucks sake, now were going to have water rationing in england!! - the one place on the planet you can guarantee itll be pissing down with fucking rain!!

LMAO!!!

Message 16/18             27-Apr-07  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: so there's no global warming?...

nme

.......So talking about the whole global warming thing, I heard an interview on the radio this afternoon with David James, the ex England & current Portsmouth goal keeper who is attempting to spearhead some new initiatives to bring into the game & help save the planet. Theoretically he makes some valid observations during the interview, but to my mind totally unworkable.

To me DJ has never come across as a particularly intelligent man, but its a worthy cause so you have to admire his spirit, however Im left scratching my head when I read the interview,

"We talked to him and midfielder Richard Hughes amid the Porsches, Range Rovers and Ferraris of the players' car park.
David James insists this image is beginning to change, especially at Portsmouth. He has a three litre diesel Chrysler but it's being converted to run on biodeisel. (DJ took great pleasure in telling the interviewer that he can run his Chrysler on rape seed oil & that he could grow the rape seed to do it at a zero impact on the enviroment & when the interviewer asked, "and are you?" he replied, "erm no, I dont have enough land". LMAO )

Richard Hughes acknowledged that fans aspire to what players have. He went on, with admirable honesty, to say he is just taking delivery of a large Mercedes" (according to the radio thats the 5.0 CLK petrol guzzler he is taking delivery of).

.......So attitudes at Portsmouth are changing then, WTF was Richard Hughes going to order before he decided to go for the CLK 5.0 litre jobby, a 747 ffs!!!!

Footballers, dont you just love em!

David James Save The Planet

Message 17/18             28-Apr-07  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: so there's no global warming?...

k

heh, i was chatting with a mate in germany and apparently they have a drought problem there already, not enuff rain this year, farmers complaining

and what about australia!!... what is it a 1 year drought now? with no rain at all?

Message 18/18             28-Apr-07  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: so there's no global warming?...

nme

k wrote:

heh, i was chatting with a mate in germany and apparently they have a drought problem there already, not enuff rain this year, farmers complaining

and what about australia!!... what is it a 1 year drought now? with no rain at all?

Why do you need rain when youve got XXXX????

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)