aaa phill---tell em to F**K off - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: phill---tell em to F**K off

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 16-Mar-00  @  08:59 PM   -   phill---tell em to F**K off

gruvhard

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

you people make me ill. you buy a machine that will roar,and they give u the capabilty to launch sonic rockets and u don't even know how to use them.. i'm so sick of everyone crying to phill to make more patches. mke this patch make this kind of patch,come on people do it your self and let phill do other things like upgrades to o/s systems. if u wanted a rompler u should of bought one.

do u want phill to come over and produce the musik for u to!!!
if this pisses u off then to bad u must have a guilty uncreative mind
anyone else out there agree with me?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             20-Mar-00  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: phill---tell em to F**K off

sitar

Link?:  Link

I thought V was referring to gruvhard. Guess he could have been referring to me too since I haven't put anything up either. I don't think it was me. Besides, I have something I'm dieing to put up but haven't gotten around to putting a site up yet. Oh well. Everyone's cool. Everyone tweaks the master volume knob. That's a start.

Message 12/18             20-Mar-00  @  12:13 AM   -   RE: phill---tell em to F**K off

V

Yes, groveWrong, er, grovehard-head. Its just that retards and tossers like that come to DT only for a while...hopefully his amusement will wear off as well.

Take care DT regulars,

V

Message 13/18             20-Mar-00  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: phill---tell em to F**K off

V

Hate to burst you bubble bunghole, but Phill actually runs things here, not you. BTW gruvhard, do you know what makes ME ill ?? huh? do ya....its someONE who is overbearing, trying to impose on the MAJORITY what he should keep to himself. I really think Phill can tell us to ____off all by him self if he wants to, not needing your help, of course, I'm sure this comes as a suprise and much to your dismay.

Btw Phill, I'd like some additional features, say like, a One-finger cord arranger; a auto-accompany bass line....that way my music will match room tempature IQ of this threads author...simple minded and shallow ;)

peAc2daDTcrEw,

V

Message 14/18             20-Mar-00  @  01:17 AM   -   RE: phill---tell em to F**K off

gruvhard

hey hey hey people i didn't mean to be disruptive. i'm just trying to say that half of the fun is making your own patches for your tracks. it is ok to have great factory patches but u use these for the basis of your patch. so your tracks have your name on it not yours and phills. does anyone out there get my drift.

and i'm also sorry i didn't know u had to have some musik on the web to have an opinain. maybe i just make great musik for me and my friends and the special people whom i would like to feel my audio art....

ps i'm a yankee please explain exactly what the hell is a wanker, if it means wanking and yanking on yourself then haven't we all been wankers at some time in out lives...lol

Message 15/18             20-Mar-00  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: phill---tell em to F**K off

gruvhard

oh yea what i think is cool instead of phill making the sounds. why don't we all come up with some kick ass patches send them to phill and let him make user banks to download then we all international multiculture patch bank that we all can be proud of. call it nova family or something any suggestions

ps i don't think it is wrong to ask phill or whoever else does programing for wish lists this is how we get stronger and better products by hearing what they want on the street i just think that u use the sounds that came with the machine they give u a very wide range of patches to use. basic sound palates for your own patches.

Message 16/18             20-Mar-00  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: phill---tell em to F**K off

V

okay DT, the guy actually has a conscience.

Dude, I'll make it personal. When the creative juices are flow'n for me, sometimes (albiet most) I really need to "dial in" a great patch, otherwise a certian idea can be lost.

I have a MKS-70 analogue (don't start guys . It gets programmed, but, for me, I'm the painter, not the canvas supplier.

I'd rather modify and shape an already great patch, then start with a wave form and then spend an hour with it. Besides Phill has many years of experience with pathes. His shaping and creating go far beyond my current ability or patients.

Finally, this is the stuff of 2000 and beyond. In the 60's and 70's you had to physically patch to achieve sound; the 80's and 90's, you just had to press and slide; Novation and others in 2000+ will take that much further. Cheers to Phill/Novation for suppling the great canvas unto which I can "bussout" a musical Mona Lisa.

Regards,

V

ps, post up your best patches mate (?)

Message 17/18             20-Mar-00  @  06:38 AM   -   RE: phill---tell em to F**K off

R-Tek

whoops....errrrr......ok...ummmmm.......guess I`m a bit paranoid then. Sorry V, I was sure u were talking 2 me then.

I`m off 2 whip my bare arse with a wet haddock.

Message 18/18             20-Mar-00  @  09:21 AM   -   RE: phill---tell em to F**K off

sitar

Link?:  Link

Yea I went on a rant about this several months ago with a friend. I was saying to him, how and why the hell am I going to try to make my own patches expecting them to be anywhere near the patches Phil McDonald makes. I was in a frustrated mood over it I remember. But for me it is a process and I do enjoy making patches with this monster. I've also had fun using the presets in ways they may have not been intended for. I like to see what a patch sounds like using different combinations of notes in different ways. Patches can sometimes become almost unrecognizable just by the notes you use them with.

The SN programs and performances are way awesome and now that I have new monitors I can actually hear them...what a concept.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)