aaa SeerSystems Reality? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: SeerSystems Reality?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 15-Jul-97  @  02:45 PM   -   SeerSystems Reality?

avene

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Does anyone know much about this? It sounds pretty interesting.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/18             20-Sep-97  @  05:20 AM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

bizarreboy

Dave Smith is a god.Roger Linn and Tom Oberheim(remember them) attended the open.This program is happening.Here is why.If you own a sampler,there is a program called AWAVE that converts any audio/sample file to wav.or what have you.Why is this important?Any sample library is now compatalble with your sampler or pc.Reality turns your sampler into an analog monster of your own creation.Infact,you can create a patch with several different types of synthesis.it's just amazing.But it doesn't stop there!Add the Peavey PC1600x and you can control the filter,lfos,envelope and so much more in REAL TIME(both the samplers and reality fader movements will be faithfully recorded by your sequencer).Is it perfect..NO! No it is not perfect but folks it is software.What happens when new features comes out. In most cases it'll be free.what about Ten years from now?It'll probably on v6.7(and ten times as powerful)Where will your virtual synth be then?
Bizarreboy

Message 12/18             20-Sep-97  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

I'm interested in this program but am concerned about a few things. First, I got the demo audio CD and the sounds were a little thin. Second, I have an AWE 32 and am not thrilled by the sound, particularly the noise level, would the AWE64 be much different? My interest in the program is the ability to really produce a wide array of unique sounds but again the demo didn't really show me that. I know there are some other high end soft synths out there such as Generator and one put out by synoptic. I understand that Generator comes with its' own sound card. Anyone have one of these?

Message 13/18             21-Sep-97  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

avene

Link?:  Link

Yeah, it sounds a lot better with an awe64 gold but still works with the awe32 and sounds ok through that aswell. You can do so much with sounds in this program. For example, you get 4 oscillators which is 2 more than a JP8000, ANX1, Nord Lead, BassStation, or a lot of other synths. You can create some really fat sounds using 4 oscillators and you use any mod source on any paramater. There's is just so much control. I used to own a K2000 and then an e64. With Reality you can do the same sort of stuff you could do with these 2 units except that it's a whole lot easier because everything is on the one page. Being able to add a varying degree of reverb to an individual layer is something you couldn't do either that Reality can.

I've tried the demo of Generator, and must agree that it does have a nice sound but the interface is nowhere as easy to use as Reality and I don't think you can do as much with samples in it either. I haven't heard the demo cd but I must say that it doesn't sound thin. I actually prefer the sound of it compared to any recent Akai sampler, it's a lot warmer than the Akais. The sound library that comes with it is alright, but I've programmed some great analog stuff with it

Message 14/18             23-Sep-97  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

Bizarreboy

Hold off upgrading to awe64,simply because they are working developing probably the pinnacle sound card this will have digital I/O. As for the noise,click on start and go to volume control under multimedia.Double click options then properties.finally click record and check only line in.This should clean up your sound abit more(I called tech support for that bit of advise) Hope it helps
Bizarreboy

Message 15/18             23-Sep-97  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

Yes it does. Thanks alot

Message 16/18             23-Sep-97  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

Bizarreboy

Sorry mate,use the same technique for playback as well!Hope that helps too.
Bizarreboy

Message 17/18             25-Sep-97  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

boris

Does anyone know whether it is planned to implement new drivers for other soundcards (e.g. EWS64XL or the Event-cards)?

Message 18/18             25-Sep-97  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: SeerSystems Reality?

mbiel

Bizarreboy, what kind of info do you have on the new Soundblaster card? Any potential date of release etc? thanks.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)