aaa EOS ADSR and cords - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: EOS ADSR and cords

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 08-Oct-00  @  09:24 AM   -   EOS ADSR and cords

influx

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

yes. Ive read the fuckin manual. many times, as if it were Visions Of Cody or some shit, but I STILL cant get my E4 to do some of the things I want it to do.

OK..first..envelopes..amp or filter..doesnt matter. When I had the ESI it was simple ADHSR. you set the time for each and the result was immediate.

EOS...its got the level and amount, two attacks, two decays, etc, and the damn sound never comes out like I mean it to. If I happen across it its by chance. I UNDERSTAND THAT I NEED TO ASSIGN ENV TO SOMETHING IN CORDS SO DONT TRY TO MAKE FUN OF ME...but...

so that brings me to the cords part.

say Im using like..velo to amp volume. What do the different settings actually do? Theres the three deals..the +, <, and that "~" and I honestly dont quite understand.

Ive told myself that I knew how to use this sampler, but Ive avoided these things sometimes because I didnt understand, and the manual just doesnt cut it, so..anyone?

wonder if Ill get any responses in here.

also..sometimes..say again velo to amp...doesnt do SHIT. Am I missing something? Im starting to suspect there is something wrong with my sampler...?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             16-Oct-00  @  11:55 PM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

r-tek

Link?:  No link

ah, I didn`t get what you meant - I dunnae think just using 1/2 the envelope will do what your after, it will give you a simple adr tho. You cant set the envelope to play for a finite amount of time - it`ll only go into the release segment on note off so you could fiddle with note lengths on your sequencer or just play it in to get it to sound how you want it. Its not that bad if you remember the resolution on it is tiny so you havta set long times on each segment to get an audible carving of the sound.

My buttons are a bit snide too - the audition button wont always trigger properly and when I resample summing thru external gear and use the audition button to trigger the sound, it sometimes triggers at different velocities >:~{ Nay mind, I still love it and from what I can see emu are the only smapler company that actually listen to their customers. The whole creative thing kinda makes me feel nervous tho.

Message 12/19             18-Oct-00  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

influx

R-tek, Im calling you out. youre LONG overdue on letting us hear some of your shit, man. whats that? you dont even OWN gear? Just like to visit dancetech and pretend? 

come on kid, it doesnt take THAT long to push something out. lets hear it!

Message 13/19             19-Oct-00  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

r-tek

I`ll post something when I make summing I like enough to have everyone slag it off and not feel offended thankyouverymuch.

I only get WEs to get stuff down anyway, some of us havta work for a living you know ya lazy bum :p And yeah, I have gear - an upside down biscuit tin for drums and a tupperware with an elastic band stretched over the top as my "guitar".

Message 14/19             20-Oct-00  @  04:19 AM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

influx

shiit, man. hustlin is HARD WORK, ya fuckin limey. (I really need to find out some better cuts for a brit)

Message 15/19             21-Oct-00  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

phunkytek

so did we ever figure out how to get adr's set up. i want to edit them with midi too. The only one I have had luck with is the release. Using a midi A-H to VEnvRls -100% and setting the lfo/aux rls 2 to -100%. I don't know why this works but it does. What about attack and decay? Can't get them to respond to conrtolers at all. I need to figure this out before i buy the e4ultra with the rfx. i'll have enough to deal with then. Also- What do you think i should ask for my e-6400 with fx card and HD. $1000 sound good?

Message 16/19             22-Oct-00  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

r-tek

ummmm...........controller======>VEnvDcy with a positive mod depth works for decay....

and then controller=======>VEnvAtk with a negative mod depth sorts out the attack duties.

And influx, you wanna buy my guitar? Handmade by an English craftsmen.

Message 17/19             22-Oct-00  @  05:35 AM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

phunkytek

thanks, i'm trying it out.

Message 18/19             24-Oct-00  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

influx

huh?

R-tek..leave me your email amigo...wanna rap a bit

Message 19/19             24-Oct-00  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: EOS ADSR and cords

r-tek

there goes err.......hombre.

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)