aaa Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 10-Dec-98  @  06:34 PM   -   Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

pedicelli

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm getting pretty close to buying my first synth and I've read heaps of reviews on all of these machines. Now I would appreciate some feedback, or any other advice on what I should get. I've actually used the Z1 before, and right now it's selling for $1695.00 CAN, so it looks quite tempting..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             13-Dec-98  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

pedicelli

I've been hearing a lot about this Virus....but pardon my ignorance, what the fuck is a vocoder? Everyone's talking about that......could you possibly explain?

Also, you've gotta take into consideration that I wanna minimize the cost of my purchase. A JP-8000 goes for $1895.00 CAN, a Z1 for $1695.00 CAN, and the Nordlead 2 for $2595.00 CAN. Me, I would like to get the Nordlead, but it's too much....I've used the Z1, and I've read numerous reviews, and I think I should go with that.

Message 12/19             13-Dec-98  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

pedicelli

CD....like I've mentioned before, I could overlap one channel on audio, but then I'd have no more audio channel to use Rebirth which I'm using for a 303 and 909.

I'm very into live stuff, and I practically do everything on the fly, especially when working in Rebirth. When I'm recording in that program, I'm tweaking 8 knobs, a shit load of sliders, and wacking away on buttons like there's no tommorow! I never relayer functions on a second run!

Now with the Z1, I could do some stuff live, and that's what I plan to do, but if I use all 6 parts up, then I obviously can't do that...

Message 13/19             13-Dec-98  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

ReZo-99

A vocoder is for your voice and shit. It has pitch control and stuff like that to alter your voice to sound like a robot, chipmunk, the devil, etc.

Message 14/19             14-Dec-98  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

cd

pedicelli....thats right you have the MIDI controller for your rebirth,um,I dont know how the Z1 would be on the fly(I'm probly gonna do a lot of over layin' shit).........hey,the JP8k in the U.S. is goin' for $1195 and the Z1 for about $1700,how far are you from the states?It would take me 'bout 6 hours to drive to Canada.....would you be able to translate $1695 CAN to U.S.$

Message 15/19             14-Dec-98  @  04:18 PM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

pedicelli

A JP-8000 is going for fuckin $1195.00 US? That's about $1732.75 CAN! Here they're selling the JP-8000 for $1895.00 CAN!

Your Z1 on the other hand is overpriced....my local music store gave me an e-mail saying that it goes for $1695.00 CAN. That translates to approximately $932.00 US (if my calcs are correct....I'm simply subtracting 45%...)

Message 16/19             12-Jan-99  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

replicant

You should also consider Novation's Supernova, one of the best synths available today. No virtual analog synth comes close to it if you're looking for that warm/rich analog sound. Don't believe anything you've heard about it being flimsy or that it's cheaply made. This thing is rock solid! I have no idea where those rumors started because they're completely ridiculous. This thing eats the Virus, JP8000, the Nords, & Microwave XT alive!!!

Message 17/19             12-Jan-99  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

x2c4nrg

I believe it. I read alot about the Supernova. I think its a monster synth, but its waaaayyyy tooo much money!!!
I personally love Novations products (I have a Bass Station) but the Supernova isn't sold in the U.S. =~(

Oh well, I guess Ill stick with my Bass Station, ASR-10 and 777 for now. In the mean time, Im looking for a Roland Juno 106, and I guess Im going to buy the Roland JX-305 cause it has monster drum kits and dope real time control.

ReZo-99

Message 18/19             13-Jan-99  @  05:16 AM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

pedicelli

I had the chance to get a 106, but the bastard didn't wanna go through with the deal...instead I was able to buy a mint condition..........

KORG PROPHECY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FATTEST MOTHER FUCKIN' SYNTH ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH!!!

Anyone wanna trade it for a Z1?

Message 19/19             30-Jan-99  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

cd

i got a Z1 and I love the thing,kide of tough to figure out......if you want to get reel deep into forming sounds this is the machine......great for goa-trance.wouldnt trade it for the world!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)