aaa EOS 4.6 - shit update ! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 30-May-01  @  12:29 AM   -   EOS 4.6 - shit update !

Laurent.ash

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hey freaks !

Recently Emu has posted the new EOS 4.6 system for E4 ultras with or without RFX cards.
Curious to see what's going on with this new update, i try to update my E6400 Ultra yesterday.
I updates first the flash with Flashprep, and then reboot to update EOS 4.10 with the new EOS 4.6
everything was working well, until i reboot the sampler to launch the new OS...
I see only the EMU logo, and nothing happened... no OS, no menus ASO.
(I must precise that i don't have the RFX card, but would like to get the new import ASR disk attached with EOS 4.6)
I redo the whole operation, reboot the sampler and the same thing happend a second time.
I try to load the Mac update (because i got a Mac too) and the same thing happened !
Does anyone having an Ultra without RFX obtain the same results ???
So i had to go back to EOS 4.10...
What's this shit from Emu ??? They precise of course that the system is working on RFX models or non RFX.
sorry, but shit update guys !

Dr. Funkenstein.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             12-Jun-01  @  02:23 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

infrasound

Link?: Link

feeling a little uptight were we? only one person complained of problems installing the os.

I complained about some of emus practices which maybe you`ll understand a lot better once the buttons on your e4 stop working, or double-triple/quadruple trigger making using it a nightmare and then get told by emu that its due to "wear and tear" and not a design fault. Started happening after 18n months of owning the damn thing and I only ever get to use it at weekends. Thats fucked up. And so`s my sampler.

Message 12/19             12-Jun-01  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

Nando

No, not uptight. I think it's the other way around. I've owned my sampler for roughly about 18 months and have not noticed the buttons dbl-triggering at all. There are other people I know who have had theirs for years without problems.

Did you use a hammer to press those buttons?

Message 13/19             12-Jun-01  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

infrasound

oh yeah, that must be it. Must have been what was wrong with influx`s one too?

I didn`t spend this much money on a sampler to then only use it sparingly.

Message 14/19             12-Jun-01  @  11:48 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

influx

Link?:  Link

yeah nando...you must fuckin work for them or somethin! pretty hilarious that Ive had an E4 that went shoddy, and now a 6400 ultra with a bad rotary encoder. In addition to that the "audition" button usually only triggers the very beginning of a sample, until I press it a few times and finally coax it into playing back my god damn samples

I LOVE E-mu stuff. I really do, but I suspect that as time passes the quality will go down and we're gonna end up with another "youre on your own" company.

hell..even doing an OS upgrade is a pain in the ass!

dont forget that I said I love my sampler.

and Rtek..quit hittin yours with a hammer, wouldya?

Message 15/19             13-Jun-01  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

infrasound

I can`t help it man.

to restate - I also love me emu and for as long as the company exists, and as long as they continue to make musical intruments worthy of the name, then I`ll always be an emu "no-lifer".

Message 16/19             14-Jun-01  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

Nando

Hey,

I don't really want to argue with you guys. Your samplers broke and you're p*ssed off. That's fine. I'm sure that I wouldn't be very happy either.

I felt the remarks about lousy cust serv regarding the EOS update were unjustified. The OS upgrade really isn't that difficult. Sure, there are things that can go wrong but I followed the steps and everything fell into place without a hitch. When I bought my E-5000 Ultra, it came with EOS 4.0 installed. I upgraded the OS to EOS 4.01 and then to 4.1. They all went without a hitch as well.

If you want to complain that E-mu won't fix your broken button or rotary dial after 18 months of use when it isn't covered under warranty, that's your prerogative. I'm not going to argue with you whether I think it is right or wrong.

Heck, we are all entitled to our opinions and I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me.

Anyway, I apologize if I offended either of you in any way. It was not my intent nor is it my nature.

Peace

Message 17/19             14-Jun-01  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

k

my emax is still going - generaly older kit whover it's made by is better quality - seems so much new gear is fucked up... by the way infrasound is rtek??????? - ha ha! - hey rtek, wassup with your added track, the volumes a 'tad' on the low side innit?.. which is a shame cos it sounds pretty good.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 18/19             14-Jun-01  @  05:49 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

infrasound

ah shit, not my track mate - its an ancient remix of an AGCG track by 4hero which I put up for Mr Wet cos it must be one of the 1st 2-step tunes. If you like it tho, then we can pretend its mine  

Yeah, the volume - seemed as if I`d gotten the levels right but then it was only the 2nd thing I`d ever recorded into my computer. Anyway, I dumped the bslive for one of those hoonetech value things - nice, still dont know what the fuck I`m doing tho.

Message 19/19             14-Jun-01  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: EOS 4.6 - shit update !

influx

Link?:  Link

nando...just didnt think the get a life thing was necessary

and as far as bad buttons and rotary encoders go...IMO that is something that should be covered for a LONG time. the sampler I have is just barely over a year old, and hardly got ANY use, and actually the dial was fucked from the start but the damn hippie that owned it didnt care so didnt get it fixed under warranty

Joe Meek makes awesome product, and their warranties are for life. same with midiman, and a few other companies that are dedicated to making something that lasts. Emu quality has definitely taken a downhill slide, and its a sad sight

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)