aaa Cheetah - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Cheetah

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 31-Mar-02  @  11:00 PM   -   Cheetah

sitarsong

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

The image of the fastest animal in the world running at breakneck speed with precision agility across the plain.

Or that's what I envisioned anyway :P

Hope you all enjoy and comments are welcome.

Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             06-Apr-02  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: Cheetah

Pongoid

Link?: Link

VERY er-1 drums, but nicely put together. Kinda pretty but not super characteristic apeggiator line. Shit speakers, so I can't hear all of the highs, but the dynamics sound decent. Good percs. Nice syncopation. Pretty melody line. You've been listening to a LOT of Orbital, and other British artists, I'd guess. I like the concepts, but am kinda burnt on the ER-1 sounds. It's taste, but I'm over the sound of that box, and think you'd do better with good old Roland box samples, tweeked a bit, or more Reaktor sounds, and sequenced in a more broken up fashion, and individual to the bar, more reflective of your other musical knowledge. At the cost of sounding like an asshole, I'd say it's well researched and written, and an excellent quality of sound, but I think it lacks the individuality that I'm sure you're capable of expressing, even if afraid of exposing. Let loose a bit!  

Ape

Message 12/19             06-Apr-02  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: Cheetah

Maarten

I'm liking this very much Sitar! Nice line indeed. Have the feeling the the snare could be more snappy but that's just personal... really nice atmosphere growing after 3:00. Great track!

-M-

Message 13/19             06-Apr-02  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Cheetah

sitar

Thanks for listening gents. What I'm more apt to do is use the er-1 to lay out sequences to start off with. Put together a different kit for playing the sequence back and then chopping up the sequence to taste.

Message 14/19             07-Apr-02  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: Cheetah

david G

Link?:  No link

hell this is the sort of trippy i like,i mean the beautiful arpeggio sounds, very nice!

Message 15/19             07-Apr-02  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: Cheetah

Pongoid

How close were those patterns and sounds to the presets on the ER-1 just out of curiosity, because they are SOOOO very much the sond of that box?

Message 16/19             07-Apr-02  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: Cheetah

sitar

Glad you enjoyed David. Thanks.

Pongoid, I'd say pretty close. I mixed some parts up. I laid down the sequence and then went into it a bit to break it/change it around. Would've done more with it except for time. I knew I wasn't going to go back to it after last weekend. Actually I did more but cut a lot of it out. By the time the weekend came to an end for me I had forgotten about creating another kit to play the sequence. I probably would've kept the hats and changed out the snare and kick if I had the time to play with it more. And I would've morphed the kick more to a 4 on the floor thing to make it danceable...that is the point of dance music isn't it. I always seem to forget that somewhere along the way.

Message 17/19             07-Apr-02  @  01:58 PM   -   RE: Cheetah

Pongoid

I find I like some of your other tracks, like Ferrous Oxide, or 910 much more; they sound much more like you to me. Still, Chettah is good work, just not the best I've heard from you yet.  

Ape

Message 18/19             07-Apr-02  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Cheetah

sitar

Thanks Ape. I didn't even know you've listened. Truth be known, I haven't even written anything I like what I want to do yet. Should be opening up soon though. Pieces of the picture keep falling into place. Takes time that's all.

Message 19/19             07-Apr-02  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: Cheetah

Pongoid

Yes it does. Keep up the good work. ;)

Ape

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)