aaa xt doing the nova stuff - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: xt doing the nova stuff

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 01-May-02  @  02:40 PM   -   xt doing the nova stuff

proximus

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

It seems like a lot of people say that the XT is not very good for bass or leads and that it is awsome for pads "xt the big orange pad machine". People also say that the nova is awsome on bass and maybe on pads too ..

Since I got the xt I don't use the nova for bass sounds.. especially not in my trance tunes.. All my latest trance tracks use bass from xt, while all the pads I use .. ALL!.. are programmed on my Nova.. Am I doing something wrong? Do I got a xt in my nova chassis and nova in my xt chassis?

I think the xt has great bass sounds.. it has some ok pads too.. hmm, maybe it's just coz I haven't really started making my own sounds on the xt yet. Is it just me or is it a bit hard to program? My nova is like a dream to program  

Some of the presets on the xt is just jolly good excellent in my opinion. Anyway, synths shouldn't have good presets because then you relay on them and not so much on your own sounds.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             02-May-02  @  09:24 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

xoxos

Link?: Link

talking is good tho because some synths have relly fast envelopes or wider mod ranges but hell they've all got fast envelopes and wide mod ranges. haven't met a synth i wouldn't marry yet. one day i'm going to take this wacky fm circuit out of this old yammie home keyboard.. 3 sliders.. 5 positions each.. lovely sounds.

Message 12/19             03-May-02  @  04:41 PM     Edit: 03-May-02  |  04:48 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

david G

Link?:  No link

i use the bass from my gameboy.

i prefer my xbase for smooth pads.

i dont think theres anything bad in asking other peoples opinions, even if you are quite experienced. as long as you dont rely on what they say..

Message 13/19             03-May-02  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

el hijo de esquivel

een my ree, we hab no birus. we hab only noba. steel, eberybody make a nice basslines.

Message 14/19             03-May-02  @  08:24 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

influx

yeah..true..just rely on yourself thats what I meant

Message 15/19             04-May-02  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

david g

yeah, trust only your ears

Message 16/19             05-May-02  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

proximus

Trust your mother.. she won't let you down  

Right now my ears are fucked, so I have to relay on my mother for a time.

Oh my god, my ears really are fucked.

Message 17/19             06-May-02  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

sitar

Link?:  Link

Take care of those ears dude.

Message 18/19             06-May-02  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

proximus

Yeah

I'm getting some earplugs

Message 19/19             06-May-02  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

david g

lol

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)