aaa Yup, here's some ambient type dnb - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 07-Sep-03  @  12:55 AM   -   Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Defector Z

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

"New" is the title. VERY repetitive drum and bass pattern, but some nice layering of melodies, I think. Hvae a listen.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             08-Sep-03  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Defector z

Link?:  No link

DJ DB, DJ Dara, Dieselboy, Photek. That's my basis of argument.

Message 12/19             08-Sep-03  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

influx

the first 3 are mainly DJs...so youre hearing more than just that!

its just funny dude, Im giving you shit

Message 13/19             08-Sep-03  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Defector z

Well, yes, they are DJ's. But I dig their selections - DB varies from one album to the next quite well.

Granted alot of what I do doesn't sound anything like what I hear... but the BPM's man. THE BPM'S@!!!!!!

Message 14/19             08-Sep-03  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

influx

sorry but just cuz its at 160 doesnt really make it drum and bass.

about the DJ thing..I meant..they play ARTISTS music, so youve heard other artists, not the DJs. I hate that DJs get credit for the tons of hours we put in the studio

Message 15/19             08-Sep-03  @  11:18 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

milan

Link?: Link

160? today you cant get by without being at least close to 170, and thats just for the chillout stuff... but thank god the speed mania has hit the brakes at last, and most of the stuff is about 175 or thereabouts. if anyone cares that is, which you probably shouldnt.

Message 16/19             08-Sep-03  @  11:39 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

influx

I care. Got sick of it bein so fukkin fast.

Message 17/19             09-Sep-03  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Defector z

I have noticed a general trend towards the really fast, really dirty/distorted sound. Personally, I like a little slower, a little cleaner and a little more melodic. Is that, by definition, not dnb? It was years ago. Photek is a GREAT example of that. If not, what does he do then?

btw, I find genres pretty meaningful.

Message 18/19             09-Sep-03  @  07:41 AM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

milan

Link?: Link

dude... there's TONS upon TONS of dnb out nowadays. and yes, a lot of it is slower and melodic. you just have to find it. if you want any names, just tell me.

Message 19/19             09-Sep-03  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Defector z

PLEASE give me some names. You know the stuff, I make, and the stuff I listen to, any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)