aaa Selling Beats? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Selling Beats?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 26-Oct-05  @  10:32 PM   -   Selling Beats?

SDUB

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has any advice on how to go about selling beats????

What resources and approaches should I take??

I have some here at my page and some more on my harddrive.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Peace.

S dub

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/19             29-Nov-05  @  04:05 PM   -   RE: Selling Beats?

SDUB

Link?: Link

hi,

thanks for the responses, I agree it is tough to even get people to listen to your beat let alone buy it. It seems a little futile to sell beats really in this day and age. Better off charging people to be produced. But I think it is even better to try and write your own stuff and make money that way. Who knows, I hate money!! But you need it to survive in this world. It is all very frustrating.

Message 12/19             29-Nov-05  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Selling Beats?

cLownsittER

i've generally noticed the guy making money at the market wasn't the guy asking how do you sell eggs?....BUT the guy screaming at the top of his lungs>>>
EGGS FOR SALE RIGHT HERE...come and get em!!!!!....
LARGE GRADE A FRESH-ASS FRIGGING EGGS HERE!!!!!>>
WE A TAWKING EGGS GOOD FOLKS!
EGGS FOR SALE!
RIGHT HERE...COME AND GET EM!!!!!

Message 13/19             29-Nov-05  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: Selling Beats?

k

Link?:  Link

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/19             30-Nov-05  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: Selling Beats?

SDUB

good point

Message 15/19             10-Dec-05  @  09:00 PM     Edit: 10-Dec-05  |  09:28 PM   -   RE: Selling Beats?

mr.me

k wrote:

yeah, i think its mad... people read mad stories about whoever, neptunes etc beats being sold for millions of bucks and think.... aha!, i can get rich selling beats. I think they are bonkers - if you are good at making beats, youre prolly better off to make money by setting up a studio and charging people/mcs to make a finished track for them, that way also your name gets around as someone who does this localy and people start to know you and come to record

BINGO!

Charge 25 to 35 bucks an hour to record and mix, if you don't want em in your home...rent a space.

I'm thinking of doing this in the near future, but if you do this make sure you have some good, impressive recording gear and an alarm in the building you're set up in....or insurance on your gear! Trust me on that one, I've worked with some strait up thugs! They wouldn't feel guilty if they shot their own mother!

Message 16/19             10-Dec-05  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: Selling Beats?

mr.me

...and when you start out, do a few mixes for real cheap, that way people know you're good at what you do.

Message 17/19             10-Dec-05  @  10:38 PM     Edit: 11-Dec-05  |  07:22 PM   -   RE: Selling Beats?

mr.me

...or even free, if they let you use it as a demo for your skills.

Message 18/19             11-Dec-05  @  12:06 PM   -   RE: Selling Beats?

milan

mm... good mids and highs. coulda tightened the low end with a multiband compressor if you have one, its flabby! your stuff definitely sounds much better.

heh... i still crack up when i listen to "sun down", we never hear any gothic whitey hiphop here in europe

Message 19/19             11-Dec-05  @  12:40 PM     Edit: 11-Dec-05  |  12:48 PM   -   RE: Selling Beats?

mr.me

milan wrote:

mm... good mids and highs. coulda tightened the low end with a multiband compressor if you have one, its flabby! your stuff definitely sounds much better.

heh... i still crack up when i listen to sun down, we never hear any gothic whitey hiphop here in europe

I already did, I used a multiband compressor from waves....but I hear what yer talking about and that's only in the mp3.

Talk about gothiic hip hop...I did a dark hip hop track mixed industrial "don't give a fuck".

I'll get you a link for it.

I was thinking about moving that way for a bit, I was in manchester last summer...people on that side of the pond seem to like my stuff more than the yanks (being one myself).

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)