aaa I am a GOD - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: I am a GOD

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25

Original Message                 Date: 14-Aug-99  @  09:05 AM   -   I am a GOD

Coppertony

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I'm no GEEK, and I don't Flame. I figured I could get help from some intelligent musicians, but all of you would rather talk about burned retinas. Well, I'm going with Cubase, Yamaha DSP, a midi interface, and that will get me started. I'm researching the Nord Lead, or Waldorf Keyboards (FIZMO Sux) and a couple rack mounts (Emu Orbit, Korg N1R, Etc.) The new Korg Triton is great, I messed with it, it has a built in sampler, so that would alleviate me buying one. Don't offend me, I'm way cool, and you might be surprised to know who I am

Tony

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/246             14-Aug-99  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

influx

Link?:  Link

Must be Tony Morelli, my crazy ass neighbor...hey Tony, how you doin? Stopped taking your Haldol and Lithium, eh? Need me to run to the store and get you some more?

Message 12/246             14-Aug-99  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

influx the fuck

Wait..its the coppertone girl

Message 13/246             14-Aug-99  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

suds

Beer is the ONLY god!

Message 14/246             14-Aug-99  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

xoxos

Link?: Link

haha influx other thread 'you geek' funny.

hey tony what's the deal?

few points: there's a fair bit of slagging on this page, but the same folk that slag me help me out. not everyone has the same personality. and, we're all special here. well, except influx, who has traceable ties to the communist nazi party and may be burned at the stake.

if you want to feel involved, involve yourself. don't walk into a room and say 'here i am' and expect a peal of applause.

and some of us want to talk about dancetech related issues, like retinas, or totally unrelated issues. what's your beef? it's kilo's page, and he seems fairly tolerant, understanding that digression has it's mysterious, mysterious purpose.

otherwise, if you need to feel hurt, estranged and offended, i think there are many here who will gladly accomodate you. could be very inspiring for some sucky music. if you think that this page has something to offer you, cut yourself a slice of rug, jackson. we're all cool here, and most of us can be pricks to boot, so cheers.

i think i ignored your initial posting because i couldn't particularly help. sometimes that's hard to do in a 'what should i get?' question (that was more or less the gist of it? i forget.) it depends on familiarity with style, technique, ltos of stuff. when i can help you, i'll help you. right now i think you've got a bit of a prima donna attitude. i could be wrong, but it is often said that it takes one to know one.

xoxos. (plié)

Message 15/246             14-Aug-99  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Tony

You are way wrong about me, but I guess it's the shithole world I live in where a person can't come into a new site or room and introduce himself. "I am god" was a TITLE to get people's attention. I know of no god. What is a god? I just want to blend in, not be a leader. Except me. I am my own god. That should suffice for now.

Anyway, about that Triton? I also would love to hear some teacks all of you have laid down

Tony-Roan

Message 16/246             15-Aug-99  @  03:58 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Marko

Hmmm Triton. Not very nice if you have fat fingers. And the damn thing bleeps everytime you touch (I guess you can turn it off). And the 6 part moss board. What a con! I can't remember the exact details but it's somthing like you can't use all the 6 parts at the same time. And no HDR. This was really cool on the trinity but anyway.
Lots of sounds & FX (almost don't need outboard unless you use about 10 per part). Nice sampler but is a little gimicky with that beat splitter thing (another of those hit and miss things where you tell it the BPM and it's meant to split the sample into individual beats). Sample editings nice though.

Message 17/246             15-Aug-99  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

coppertony

Ok, well what company or products do you suggest? I'm all ears (aapreciateinbg ears, NOT dick for ears)

Do you suggest rackmount moduling systems? or actually buying more keyboards?

Drop me a line, throw me a freeeegen bone here, I'm the boss, I need the info. Are the seabass illtempered?

This is what I do have, for starters:
Pent III 450, 128 mgs Ram
Cubase VST
Yamaha DSP Sound Card
Midi Interface
Ensoniq Esq-1 (don't laugh)
Ensoniq TS-12 (don't laugh)

I need/want:

Powered Monitors (Mackies, Roland DS-90s, etc.)
A nice mic along with a preamp
A sea of keyboards, smaplers, rack mount modules, and some sort of analog moduling keyboard. (of course with your acceptance)

Please gimme some advice, Thanks

Tony

Message 18/246             15-Aug-99  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Ison

How much money do you have to throw at the problem?
What will you be using it for?
Home,pro studio,live?
Will you be programming your own sounds?
Do you prefer it all in computer.
Do you have room for keyboards?
Specific criteria please.
No more messages"I want to write ground breaking tunes but dont have the slightest idea how where or why."

Message 19/246             15-Aug-99  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Defector_Z

Depends on how serious you are too...

Monitors - I have Event 20/20p's - good for the price. I haven't heard a complaint from anyone yet about them when you factor in that they cost under $500 (US) for the pair.
I have Cubase VST (which I don't use anymore because it conflicts with my soundcard - Darla) and I think you may need a mixer. I have a Mackie 1202VLZ - excellent sound wish it had subgroups but that would cost more.
Keys? You MUST go out and listen for yourself. Opinions around here are VERY strong (as you have noticed, no doubt) and "one man's trash is another man's treasure". My Korg has great sounds but a shitty user interface and a crappy sequencer - thus the RM1X. As you work more around the pieces you get, you will realize all of their limitations. No one peice will be the "end-all".
Samplers - some will say you can't live without an MPC2000 - others say a fattened up Akai s2000 is the answer. Each of those will cost you, though. Neither comes with an FX board which if you don't have one, will drive you crazy. You could record audio into your PC, then add some neat FX and shift it around and shit, then you'd need to sample it into your sampler so that might be a thought.
THe gist of this story? There are so many options - you need to decide exactly what you want to do. Also, you should start small - buy one piece at a time. If you have a million bits of kit, you'll never be able to link it all together.
Ditto to xoxos - jump in and talk - don't expect any fanfare, this ain't no AOL chat room - we talk about more than sex. If you don't like the topic, don't read it and don't complain about it. "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Message 20/246             15-Aug-99  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: I am a GOD

Defector_Z

Let me clarify one thing...
I got the RM1X because it has a fantastic hw seq, something I didn't have with the Korg.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 25

There are 246 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)