aaa New MPC2000xl user questions - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: New MPC2000xl user questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 05-Apr-00  @  07:47 PM   -   New MPC2000xl user questions

Jonathan

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

I have just added a MPC2000xl to my studio and have a question. Is there a way to set the samples to play only while I hold the pad down versus triggering the sample and it play all the way through?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/34             15-Apr-00  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

nobody

Link?:  Link

kick ass. thanks warrior of shirt-burned & tearing.

Message 12/34             19-Apr-00  @  01:37 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

ModAsBlue

Link?: Link

Hell yes it can...the MPC sees and knows all...

Message 13/34             19-Apr-00  @  07:21 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

nobody

Link?:  Link

does it know my cat's name??

Message 14/34             19-Apr-00  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

Druma

1.1 is running like a charm on mine,.. one thing though .. I read somewhere I can set the fader to controle cc? is that true.. off diging up the manual i guess.. and R-tek yes I'm keeping the MW, that analouge filter is unreal!! it can go way deep into dark evil territories.. if dnb is your cup the MW is the tea that should b in it!.. yhea I get a real kick out of saying stupid guffy things ... )

Message 15/34             20-Apr-00  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

Druma - dont tempt me with more stories of great synths, I cant afford it   I got me a Pulse though and thats a right nasty old bugger too.

Anyways, 2 assign the slider 2 a cc (I think I told someone here that it weren`t possible b4, but it is), just press shift and the Note Variation button 2 get 2 the page where u assign a note and the parameter and right down thwe bottom there is the parameter "Assign NV slider to ctrl change" which is set 2 off as default so all u have 2 do then is twist the dial 2 assign it 2 0-128 a befits yer task, and Roberts yer mothers brother, as they say   I think it still only effects the paramter at note on though as it does with internal sounds so no filter sweeps with this kiddy, still worth using though  

Message 16/34             20-Apr-00  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

lytrix

Hi, my name is Eelke Jager and I recently bought a MPC2000xl. I want to build in a ide zip drive, but I have a few questions. I´ve read the installation article of Sevo Stille, which states: Two things worth mentioning: The floppy has a small 5V power adapter, while the ZIP100 needs a big 5+12V plug - an floppy to HD power adapter won't do, as the XL to floppy thing is missing the 12V line. The motherboard side plug has the same format as PC CPU fan connectors, so I was able to crimp my own from a dead fan and a HD plug. Another problem: If you tighten the front screws too much, the ZIP drive is skewed and will jam the cartridges. Otherwise it does perfectly fine.

Has someone experience in installing those power plugs? Any advise is welcome.

Eelke

Message 17/34             20-Apr-00  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

druma

!!Roberts yer mothers brother!! no way dude...u freak me out when u talk like that.. but thanks for the update, thats a brilliant feature... the MPC just gets better and better the more I play with it, I was high as a kite the other weekend and I had a blast jumping through MPC land! I had a real conversation with it and everything; it asked me questions I answerd, I'd walley-hop through some menues and meet a nother question it was soo kool, then I relised it was just a overgrown mouse with a sequencing program inside,... yhea it was a blast, ...

Message 18/34             21-Apr-00  @  03:29 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

ModAsBlue

I Think that my electronic equipoment has personality just as a guitar or a "real" instrument does...

Like my JP8080 is like a hmmm say a Saturn auto when they first came out. Everyone was like "wow...this is new...this is cool...groovy" at first...

Then they noticed that it's still a crappy american car and it sure does have a lot of plastic...

And now I'm coaxing sounds out of it again... "come on, feedback oscillator...I know you can do it baby...supersaw can't, supersaw always fucking disappoints, but you can do it baby, I just need to tap up the harmonics SLOWLY and get that bandpass filter right...oh yeah baby..."

and the stupid 4-banger helps me pass a carload of whitetrash in a Camaro on the motorway and I'm all happy...yeah, maybe this stupid thing isn't all bad...

(I don't actually drive a Saturn...YUCK...I have an even shittier american car...next time i'm all about Honda baby)

Sorry...tooo many Beck's ...

America's favorite German beer....
or is that St. Pauli Girl's ?

Message 19/34             21-Apr-00  @  07:35 AM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

I take it an extra-strong batch of acid has just hit North America then eh lads? Becks? Damn, u must b on acid  

Message 20/34             23-Apr-00  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: New MPC2000xl user questions

r-tek

HEY! I`ve just had my very first "crazy text"   I feel like a proper MPCer now ;-)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)