aaa MPCxL wish list - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: MPCxL wish list

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 22-May-00  @  02:57 PM   -   MPCxL wish list

Druma

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

xpress your thought on how the MPCxL can b improved with future OS,

personaly I'd like to c

*fader actif in midi tracks (asignable cc)
*fader actif in mixer, (hold down shift and change the volume. pan & fx send with the fader!
*selectable tempo grid (4th 8th 16th resuloution) in trim window (like on the trinton or recycle wavesurgeon ect..
*normilize!
*autozerocross or loop crossfade

there's more I just don't have time right know, so just add to the list at will, but keep it realistic..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/28             15-Jun-00  @  01:07 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

masada_

what about this mpc5000 ,where did u hear of that from?????

Message 12/28             15-Jun-00  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

Druma

its a logical step in the mpc production line. I'm just guessing 5 or 6k cos thats' how their cycle is moveing..

Message 13/28             16-Jun-00  @  05:36 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

I`ve just had a thought - u dont need 2 assign the note slider 2 velocity - just geddit 2 record mix changes and then do it from the mixer   Shame u cant assign the slider 2 do the fader movements in the mixer then cos the wheel aint as precise or nice feeling, plus I like 2 assign a slight velocity=====>filter and velocity========>pitch 2 give the drums more feel - guess I`ll havta do that afterwards with the slider.

Message 14/28             19-Jun-00  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

webmaster

Link?: Link

i wish my mpc had tits and ass,i would
have been married already..with some
baby .snd files running around the house
tearing shit

Message 15/28             20-Jun-00  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

H

Yo,in the world of sampling beat machinez they're pretty few and far between I mean how many since 86?SP12,SP1200,Linn9000,Almost another Linn,Then came the MPC 60,60mkII,3000,2000,2000xl,And the dumbass ASR-x&pro.That's not alot compared to synths,samplers,And other drum machinez.That's not very many for 14 yrs of evolution.So don't hold your breath on that 5000 the XL is it for a while I'm sure.

Message 16/28             08-Jul-00  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

gruvhard

i love the mpc seq i hate it as a sampler. i wish that akai would make a mpc only sequencer kind of like a super mmt-8 i like being able to mute and unmute multiple tracks at the same time
does any one know of another seq that does that besides the mmt8 i need more than 8 tracks and i don';t want to have 4 of them.

Message 17/28             15-Jul-00  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

pali__gap

How about a decent manual?

Also add the scsi support for recycle/MESA and Milleniun etc? Now that has GOT to be essential!

Akai it can NOT be too hard you have already coded it for several samplers with VERY similar hardware?

Cheers
Pali Gap

Message 18/28             18-Jul-00  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

b-psycho

1. Effects should come STANDARD!!!
2. REAL re-sampling (with effects), not just the bit-rate thing.
3. User-adjustable sample input bit-rate, so you won't have to wait for it to resample if you want the sample in lo-fi to begin with. That way, if you wanted to sample all of your drums in 8-bit you could.

Message 19/28             26-Jul-00  @  01:40 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

elson

Link?: Link

Ahhhh, I just got my MPC2000XL Studio Plus yesterday, and spent all night rockin the box...

My wishes so far:

* HOLD BUTTON: Assign one of the left panel buttons to be a "HOLD" button that can play a sample (set to "Note off" envelope) to play indefinitely. The Roland SP-808 has this. Sometimes I just wanna hear a loop without sequencing the damn thing.

* HAVE THE ASSIGN KNOB also control sample volume.

* HAVE THE 'PLAY START' BUTTON be able to work repeatedly (On my ASR-10, I like "stuttering" a sequence by playing the sequence start button in time with the music, I'm pissed that the MPC can't do this).

And for those of you with the Sampleverb...

* TEMPO-BASED DELAYS!!!

* SWEEPABLE Resonant Filter effect!

Message 20/28             27-Jul-00  @  12:43 PM   -   RE: MPCxL wish list

r-tek

ummm.....we`ve already covered most of them but what do you mean by the hold button? You can loop up a sound and have it play indefinately without sequencing it.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)