aaa SE-1? - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: SE-1?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 20-Oct-00  @  09:53 PM   -   SE-1?

scrotalsack

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

has anyone seen a picture of these new limited-edition MPC2Ks? I have been thinking of picking one up and if its not butt-ugly than the SE1 might be my choice... not even akai's website has it there, but it was intro'd at AES...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/33             24-Oct-00  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

you know, it already takes all of what ive got to afford the stuff i have... my phone has been cut off several times and I am the Ramen king, so please dont tell me that i should buy less clothes, im still wearing boots that have holes and are five years old and the last shirt i bought was at at a concert last december.
im not trying to start a flame war here either, its just i wanted to know if anybody had some picts of the se-1, because the way i figure it, if Im going to buy a piece that expensive, id be willing to spend a few extra bucks to get something that looks a little different than the rest. just dont give me shit because i use "consumer" equipment, okay? everybody's got a different preference, and not everybody has the cash to just rent out what they need when they need it.

Message 12/33             25-Oct-00  @  01:02 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

I'm still wearin the same pants i wear everyday( i wash em at my folks house and have a few pair of clearance bin shorts) and it's taken me over a decade and a half.I just stepped in dogshit w/ my only decent kix on and now it's gettin cold I'll be wearin socks and flip flops(I do that anyway)til i get the check on tuesday and I have eaten at least 3 cases of ramen and my fridge is broke my drier is broke it's turning cold here.i have a nice studio and a $200 set of speakers have been waiting to get this damn loan for a month and I've got 8 clients scheduled that I keep having to make excuses for until tuesday when i get the check and go out get some lights for my camcorder,a desk,a DAW and some speakers plus I gotta cut records and clear a sample or two,Move and change the oil in my jeep so don't cry to me.

-;0 besides click on that site within a site @akaipro.com MPC and 5000 are consumer gear,DD1500,DD8,now that's pro.I have my priorities.I chose to put up w/ a hick town for 14 mos. straight(free rent in my folks old house) so I could for once and all get this thing off the ground.seen.

Message 13/33             25-Oct-00  @  04:16 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

are you talkin bout the studio electronics se-1?if so it looks like a minimoog w/ an LED.in rack form.

-:0 External influences were keeping me from being calm so I busted some nutz sorry.

Did that help at all that time?

Just be/DIY(jus for you i man)

Message 14/33             25-Oct-00  @  04:17 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

Do you mean S01?I forgot you probably aren't askin about an analog over here.

-;) silly hank always off subject.

Message 15/33             25-Oct-00  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

Nut sack

You were the 1 comin in w/ the "in my studio i use things that both look and sound good"???????????

-;) You already fucked off but i'm hoping you pushed the notify thingy,If you really want to see a those whack ass let's copy the imac MPCs goto hrmony central.com and the pics are there i'm sure.Don't come w/ shit if you don't want to shat upon.seen.

Message 16/33             26-Oct-00  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

druma

the mpc's sampler section is way dated!!, even for a prhase sampler or a drum sampler or whatever word we use to try to hide/justify the limitation of this sampler/wav.player, the point is we are in 2000! don't get me wrong I think the mpc is great and I do mad chops on it and I was fully aware of the fact that it only had a one Lp and 2x AD envl,. and I decided to live whith it! but that doesn't mean I can't come here and bitch about it and hope to see improvements cos if the only improovements akai have made r grapical waveform, un-mute/seq triggers from pads and tab tempo button in the last 14 years.. thats right >14< momafucking years they've had to improve on a great consept!) zo we better start pushing, the price drop has nothing to do whith akais free will to be good to us, its due the economical advancements in digital technolighy and price wars amoung synth/sampler corp on the market! I once read: we will never c a fully featured sampler/synt/seq cos no-one could sell any more stuff, and u r right its about money (most everything in business is) and they don't want to compeate w their own products, but one of these days someone is going to bring us a pro box that will be up to date, becouse punk ass bitches like me keep on demanding/improving on their consept, aren't u on our side ??? why are u picking up the glove for akai ?? we know its about the money but it doesn't mean we have to exept and/or can't make a stand/change as consumers.. so why the bs man..

Message 17/33             26-Oct-00  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

Call Akai man They Aint up here.I like and use akai gear and if my all in one box breaks down and has to go in for a 30 day service i'm fucked for 30 days.Look dude Your concept of an all in one box is selfish.My All in one box would be bigger than my car it would have to have all sorts of shit you couldn't use if you need all in one roland will probably give it a shot for you.My akai gear works great and an all in one box would bring prices back up.Actually the price drop is because prior mpcs were manufactured in japan 2000s are made in china.Shit man if they give us this all in one box the way i would need it some corporation couldn't come up w/ it for one thing.Here's the basics of my gear MPC2000XL Fully loaded,S5000 Bare stock,777,EA-1,Analogue Solutions Modular,Korg EA-1,Doepfer MS 404,Seekers Vocoder,and a Space ECHO,IbanezAD202,and Boss VF-1,and a Finalizer 96k .How the hell are you gonna put that, much less some CORPORATE ASSWIPES IN 1 BOX.I need 2 RACKS,3 gigbags,and Alot of standz for my shit and that doesn't include my mac.

Plus My camcorder wtf How many trees do you want them to cut down and how the fuck are you gonna ship it anyway.

Damn I don't care because I spent over a decade and a half piecing together the puzzle that made me happy and now you wanna come along and just put all that on a DSP chip.Nope.You know what though there isn't a piece in my studio I wanna get rid of and if something breaksdown I can get by while I have it fixed.I see you guyz up here tryin to sell every all in one box or virtual synth everytime the MkII or model B comes along the only thing I might sell is my Finalizer because I got TC software that pretty much does the same thing w/ my G4 chip.But the finalizer is digital most of my other shit aint.OK,OK

Our philosophies differ that's all.Why can't that be ok.The mpc will NEVER be a all in one box.I'm pretty good w/ mine and am very happy how it's turned out IT's Still an MPC yours wouldn't be.The MPC can be any rhythmic instrument you like and does alot more shit too.like sequence the rest of my shit and store my patterns and songs on a zip.You can assign the slider too almost any parameter until the 2000 it was just a hi hat decay.Akai makes MPCs Because peeps like MPCs.Should there just be one box w/ a billion parameters to get in the way of fluid creativity,I don't like spending all day tryin to find shit that's why i spread the load around my studio.I see where you're comin from but damn when I started A cdrom burner cost like $15,000 US and a 8 bit sampler w/ 8voices and a GREEN computer monitor w/ a 10 mb HD cost $30,000.

LIKE I SAID BITCH AT THE PEEPS WHO MAKE THE GEAR BUT I"M EXPRESSIN MYSELF JUST LIKE I WAN'T TO.PEACE.let's not get ill if i don't shave for 3 days peeps call me sir(27,28 in december.)I'm just glad technology got where it has before I've turned 40 fuck.It took long enough I'm sorry if you didn't get to see all the expensive stuff that was around but I'm MAKING MY OWN recordz,dvdz,and cdz w/ just a little duplication.I didn't even imagine that was possible until 5 yrs. ago or so and it was still too much then.

Let's take it down a notch or two Ok.

Message 18/33             26-Oct-00  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

one last thing

I told you to look at a LINN 9000 and then look at an MPC2000xl.The MPC is the offspring of the LINN.Even though Roger is now out.

IT'S an MPC silly,you know a beat machine.Maybe you need a drumulator and an oberheim prommer to help you see more clearly on how far sampling drum machines have come.

btw if anyone has a prommer or an SP1200 I'll buy it.

Message 19/33             26-Oct-00  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: SE-1?

scrotalsack

hey nutsack, i was explaining why i wanted pictures of the se1, not trying to sound like a badass or puff daddy because of my statement about using cool looking useful tools, its just if im going to spend that much money id like it to at least look cool too (and i dont mean fancy paint, although that sometimes is a plus, like the Access Virus Indigo) but just a well thought out design and elegant look (like TC Fireworx, which I have one, hopefully getting a second one soon) Presonus stuff, while it I will agree isnt pro-level gear, is still quite nice and it looks good. you can clearly understand all the functions and its easy to read.

anyway, there are no pictures of the SE1 at harmonycentral. that's why i asked here if anybody knew where there were any.

Message 20/33             27-Oct-00  @  03:21 AM   -   RE: SE-1?

H

get a finalizer to go w/ your fireworks b4 you blow your fingerz off.

ballbuster

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 33 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)