aaa Speed Garage/Drum n Bass - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 18-May-98  @  09:40 PM   -   Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

t.b

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Which is the best synth for those smooth deep sub-bass sounds? Anyone?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/26             17-Jul-98  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

kilo

yes... if you listen to the track Flying Dub... in my Kilo 4-3 page (left toolbar... that is the jazz organ doing the bass.... it's amzing.... the Yamaha DX FM's RULE supreme in dance.... it is the number 1 synth for house garage (especially) and jungle drum & bass....... get one.... no studio is a dance studio without one.... see the budget midi section for a list of FM's.....

Message 12/26             29-Jul-98  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

blieb

moog micro moog, mini moog, waldorf wave, oberheim xpander,ob8, enz

Message 13/26             03-Aug-98  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

Count922

Though the Bass on the DX 7, etc is excellent, I find FM to be a bit thin, which is a normal characteristic of those synths. You can juice it with a harmonizer or a subhormonic synth(DBX is excellent) and get the best of both worlds: a grainy 12 bit bass with top notch low frequencies.

I would like to take this oppurtunity to express my admiration for you guys. The dance/techno crowd has impressed me with thier knowledge, innovative techniques and techsharing. kudos guys!

Message 14/26             05-Aug-98  @  03:33 AM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

kilo

well cheers on behalf of the crew,,,, they are great huh..... welcome aboard Count !

Message 15/26             19-Aug-98  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

bill

Link?:  Link

but where can i get a subhormonic synth? to take me to new levels of music, revealed *beneath* my hormones? maybe i'll get away from this teen-angst sound then.....

Message 16/26             19-Aug-98  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

J.

Well, sedusa was right. The sh-2 goes deeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I have a massive headache right now from playing with a headset....

Message 17/26             28-Aug-98  @  06:26 AM   -   FM programming ?

sergxp50

Any good sources in the net to read on FM synths programming ?
Plan to use Generator 1.53 to build those deep sounds.

Message 18/26             09-Sep-98  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

Looney boy

Korg mono poly is good for some deep bass sounds, but I have to agree the Juno 106 can kick some ass. i fucked a pair of speakers up once due to the frequency was so low the woofer damn near fell out. Also the Akai3200xl is good if you use the sqare wave. Though one of my friends built this thing and it is a thing due to there are no better words to describe it. That produces the lowest and nastiest bass sound I have ever heard. though it is not midi and it has no keyboard and it is really hard to tune. you just have to sample the sound and fuck around with it. Also my gradfather produces some sonic bass out of his ass when he lets one go. though it smells really bad. has anyone ever sample a fart? wow put it through some filters and slap a square wave on it. it might sound good. Talk about original.

Message 19/26             04-Oct-98  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

Speed Garage died a long time ago!

Message 20/26             06-Oct-98  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Speed Garage/Drum n Bass

pongoid

Link?:  Link

se-1, microwave, cs-5, juno-60, Pulse, ms-10, Serge, Buchla, vcs-1, Matrix12, Expander, E3, etc, pretty much anything with a decent 24db lo-pass VCF should give you a pretty fucking solid bass tone. You really just have sit down, test the units out, and decide what character you feel best suits you. Digital basses like the dx100 are pretty cool, but the truly deep hit still comes from VCF's. Analog! (I'm not an analog snob. I just believe in using the most solid tools to do the job.)
Ape

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)