aaa SH-101 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: SH-101

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 13-Feb-00  @  12:05 PM   -   SH-101

R-Tek

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

OK, so I did a bit of wheelerdealing and got meself an Emax 4 50 squid. Now after one friggin week, the Emax has died; Luckily I was canny enuuf 2 buy it from a dealer rather than through the classified, so I can do a swap. As wonderfull as it sounded, I`ve been put off another Emax, so I`m thinking maybe a synth or two cos this guys gotta Sh-101 and MC202 for sale so I could get one of them and get a little bit of credit leftover. I`ve kinda heard varying comments on these pieces from "Its a bassline weapon" to "Its a useless piece of shit" and theres no way I can get 2 try one out b4 I buy it so has anyone got any opinions on these pieces?

Donkey Scones.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/23             24-Feb-00  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: SH-101

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

A 101 is okay on it's own, but there's this mod called the 'Novamod" that's makes it into a real beast. I'd get it, and spend a couple bux on the mod, and just be happy as mmmm....well I can think of all kinds of good stuff, but the point is that this mod for the 101 is KILLER!!! The 202 is also quite nice, but with his mod...forget it. Get the 101.

Ape

Message 12/23             24-Feb-00  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: SH-101

damballah

where pongoid where?

Message 13/23             25-Feb-00  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: SH-101

Pongoid

Actually you could contact my friend Obis. He'd be able to do it for you, no problem. obiscygma@hotmail.com He's really busy though, so don't expect too hasty a reply. Good luck.

Ape

Message 14/23             25-Feb-00  @  01:51 AM   -   RE: SH-101

damballah

Cool. Thanks

Message 15/23             25-Feb-00  @  08:15 AM   -   RE: SH-101

Pongoid

Damballah,
I found info for you. http://www.soundtower.com/thelab.html . Check it out.

Ape

Message 16/23             27-Feb-00  @  12:50 AM   -   RE: SH-101

damballah

Looks awesome. Time to start savin' the pennies I guess.

Message 17/23             03-Mar-00  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: SH-101

Tryptamine

I have a 101, love it, but just discovered that my K-2000 can emulate it perfectly. Not easily, but with skill you can't tell the difference. Scary. This novamod looks cool, thanks for the tip.

Message 18/23             13-Mar-00  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: SH-101

ashley.marians

get the sh101, dont fiddle around with the 202 cos it hasnt got real keys. my sh101 was also my first synth so it will always have a special place in my heart. i can compare it with my arp axxe, the arp's filter is smooth, the roland's filter is ok but the real power with it is the resonance and the sub-octave oscillator. if you cant get a monster bass sound out of a 101 (1) your bass drivers have blown (2) you are stupid and should have such a dangerous weapon taken away from you. also please remember that an sh-101 is a real synthesiser, please do not try to replicate it on your computer or k2000. never ever sample it as this will make it sound weak and possibly blow up your sampler (not strictly true but i hope it scares some of you sampleists). for real monosynth power at a similar price you could do worse that try a moog rogue, try modulating the oscillator sync via the envelope for a really powerful lead sound.
good luck!
ashley

Message 19/23             13-Mar-00  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: SH-101

R-Tek

thanks, but I ended up just taking the money 2 buy some outboard. I`m definately gonna look out 4 one when my money probs ease, but my Pulse can take care of b-line duties 4 now. And computer? Don`t use one mate (well, not 4 music) - nasty, evil things.

Message 20/23             18-Mar-00  @  05:01 AM   -   RE: SH-101

Pongoid

You got a pulse? well, why didn't you say so? Actually, the novamodded out 101 does some wierd things that the pulse doesn't do, still food for thought.

Ape

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)