aaa E5000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: E5000

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 27-Nov-99  @  06:39 AM   -   E5000

Timo.Kiviniemi

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

Now there's been couple of weeks since Emu announced the new machine but has anyone bought it yet?
I sold my A3000 so I can buy E5000 but should I just buy the beast or wait some review?
Any comments

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/26             11-Dec-99  @  05:47 AM   -   RE: E5000

R-Tek

Link?:  No link

when I saw the nu Yammys, I seriously considered changing over from my Ultra but I decided against it. I think the Yammys score on instant gratification stakes, but the Emu sooooooo deep. U can mangle sound up on it better than any other sampler, the synth capabilities r awesome and the filters r capable of doing the most unholy of things 2 tired old sounds. I felt the beatmunger was a bit hit and miss but all in , its the perfect sampler 4 basing your studio around and its a piece of piss 2 learn 2 use as well - its my 1st sampler, and it only took me about a week 2 learn enough 2 start knocking up tunes (not vey good ones, I hasten 2 add, but tunes nonetheless).

Message 12/26             13-Dec-99  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: E5000

k

true - e-mu's have the easiest interface and 100% the best sound & synthesis - even better imo than the yammy althogh i'd say the yammy fx are better - anyways - that's the sampler for me !!! - my next purchase item i think -

Message 13/26             13-Dec-99  @  06:39 PM   -   RE: E5000

R-Tek

what the Emu or the Yam?

Message 14/26             15-Dec-99  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: E5000

k

e-mu - i did want the yammy, but e-mu are the nuts - the sound !!... and simple logical fast OS - still, i dunno - yammies are cheap s/h now !! :-)

by the way - anyone know ??... it doesn't mention if the e5000 reads .wav's

Message 15/26             15-Dec-99  @  03:22 PM   -   RE: E5000

R-Tek

Yeah, it`ll read wav files - my 6400 Ultra does, and thats essentially the same thing innit?

Message 16/26             16-Dec-99  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: E5000

fvicente

Yes, the E5000 Ultra will read .wav and aiff files. It reads them from floppy only AFAIK. It uses exactly the same operating system as the e6400 Ultra, ESynth Ultra, E4XT Ultra, etc.

I was going to buy a e6400 Ultra until this came along. It is cheaper (about $600-700 US cheaper in Canada) and it really only lacks the extra outputs and is limited to 64 voice polyphony.

To some it may be important. However, I will be using ADAT lightpipe to connect to my digital mixer (8 outputs) and it can expand to 12 analog outs if I want. Also, if I want the 128 voice polyphony, the price difference here between buying the polyphony card for the e6400 and buying a second E5000 is negligable.

It is a fantastic box with a stable OS. I'm supposed to be picking mine up next week. At the price point it is at, nothing can match it IMHO.

Fernando

Message 17/26             16-Dec-99  @  03:15 PM   -   RE: E5000

fvicente

Yes, the E5000 Ultra will read .wav and aiff files. It reads them from floppy only AFAIK. It uses exactly the same operating system as the e6400 Ultra, ESynth Ultra, E4XT Ultra, etc.

I was going to buy a e6400 Ultra until this came along. It is cheaper (about $600-700 US cheaper in Canada) and it really only lacks the extra outputs and is limited to 64 voice polyphony.

To some it may be important. However, I will be using ADAT lightpipe to connect to my digital mixer (8 outputs) and it can expand to 12 analog outs if I want. Also, if I want the 128 voice polyphony, the price difference here between buying the polyphony card for the e6400 and buying a second E5000 is negligable.

It is a fantastic box with a stable OS. I'm supposed to be picking mine up next week. At the price point it is at, nothing can match it IMHO.

Fernando

Message 18/26             16-Dec-99  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: E5000

fvicente

Sorry about the double-post. A little too trigger-happy.

Fernando

Message 19/26             16-Dec-99  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: E5000

R-Tek

Fernando - upgrade 2 eos402 if it doesn`t already come with it, there was a bug in 4 and (I believe) in 401 which made the sub outs real noisy and unusable - I nearly sent mine back 4 repairs untill a freind told me..........everythings cushty now though...almost, sub2s hiss a little if u push the volume up untill it warms up.

Message 20/26             16-Dec-99  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: E5000

fvicente

Thanks R-Tek. I did not know that. I believe it will come with 4.02 but I'll upgrade if it doesn't. I won't have to worry about Sub2 Outs as the E5000 doesn't have it. The E5000 has the Main stereo outs and Sub 1 Outs only. I do, however, plan on getting the ADAT card soon in the new year and won't be going out analog anyway.

Incidentally, are you using balanced cables to connect the outs to balanced inputs on your mixer? This can make a difference too.

Hope this helps and thanks for the tip.

Fernando

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)