aaa Esi-2000 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Esi-2000

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 25-Feb-00  @  01:18 PM   -   Esi-2000

Ison

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

I am waiting for this shiny new unit to arrive from Germany.
But i need some info.
Is this basically the same as the 4000 but with a different paintjob?
And if so is it at all possible to remove the floppy and install a Zip or even Jaz drive in its place?
The Esi-4000 turbo Zip obviously had this but was it just a different drive adding to the cost of the basic model or were there additional software drivers that the standard version did not have?
And Simms specifically low profile to allow effects card.
Where does one buy these if in UK?
And one last question:Can i find a suitable enclosure for say an internal Zip/Jaz and Cd player/Rewriter and hard drive?
This would enable all the storage devices to sit comfortably under the rack preferably on castors.
A pc enclosure is out of the question as they are way to bulky.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/28             11-Mar-00  @  07:36 AM   -   RE: Esi-2000

Ison

Link?:  No link

Is it at all possible to copy the operating system from esi-2000 an dpaste it into my newly aquired previously owned Esi-32?
And if so how?
Is this model supported anymore?
It seems to have OS 3.00.
Thanks.

Message 12/28             11-Mar-00  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: Esi-2000

R-Tek

nope. OS 3 was the upgrade 4 it though with all the extra filters, so you`re an even jammier bugger than I thought.

Message 13/28             11-Mar-00  @  09:34 AM   -   RE: Esi-2000

Ison

But Emu are selling (still) an OS 3.02 for this sampler (ESI-32)?
And it would seem it also has Scsi port which was non standard at the time of its creation.
R-Tek you will have to get up earlier to beat me to the bargains!

Message 14/28             11-Mar-00  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: Esi-2000

R-Tek

well bollocks, at least I`m not from Dunstable - I`m from suave and sophisticated Luton (fnar fnar). Just out of curiosity, where did u geddit? Same place u got TWO MC202s for 150 notes? (dont suppose u wanna sell me one?) Anyways, I`m almost certain the esi2k OS wont work cos then people could just DL the upgrades for the 4k or 2k straight from emu without having 2 pay whatever it is they`re charging 4 3.02.

Message 15/28             11-Mar-00  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Esi-2000

Ison

Yep both Mc 202 came from the same place as my lovely Esi-32.
But they have been modified for large blue Led and black bezels.
In fact they can now illuminate a darkened room with the sequencer running and the lfo light flashing in and out.
But i have had several embarassing buys such as the Yamaha Dx-27 at £129 and some Godawful drum machine by yamaha termed the RY-10 at £69.
They have an old VOX valve bass head at the moment but with slightly torn front fabric and buckled knobs.
But the valves look intact and it smells really old.
These things in good condition sell for a packet but it seemed beyond my abilities to restore.
They had an Elka X10 in a while ago looking like a stripped down version of the X-705 but i could find little about it and it went.

Should i reveal my sources to R-Tek?

Message 16/28             11-Mar-00  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: Esi-2000

R-Tek

C`mon, u know u wanna...ok, maybe not then. My DX21 cost me £35 though from a carboot sale, but I`m gonna sell it 4 a TX81Z. So u don`t wanna sell me a MC202 then? You`ve got TWO ya greedy bugger.....Ahhhhhhh go on, u said they were shit b4.......I`ll give u a tenner and a pack of woodbines.

Message 17/28             11-Mar-00  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Esi-2000

Ison

No i have a better idea.
You be Digital and i be Analogue.
I have grown to like my Doorstops.
Besides i can use them now in conjunction with my Esi.
Mono out of each into stereo in of sampler.
But can i tape sync them to a sampled tape sync pattern?
Hmmm.

Message 18/28             11-Mar-00  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: Esi-2000

R-Tek

Arse 2 digital, thats what I say. I`ve only got one digital synth..........mind u, I`ve only got 3 synths....and the alphajuno has DCOs so......ah well bollox, I`m gonna get a Q towards the end of the year anyway. And when I do geddit, I`m gonna send it round your gaff 2 kneecap your single-osc 202s.

Message 19/28             11-Mar-00  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: Esi-2000

Ison

Then i have until the end of the year to bolt arms and legs on my Doepfer modular and send it round on a premptive surgical strike.
You get the Q (VA/Digital) whilst i aquire Bobs new synth and also TBS's Mephisto.
Grist for my samplers mill.

Message 20/28             11-Mar-00  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: Esi-2000

R-Tek

Doepfer modular? Well buggery, thasall I can say really........poor little Q, been thinking maybe an MKS80 would b more "me" actually...I dunno. Anyway, my samplers could definately have your samplers mate. And ummm....my dads harder than your dad.....possibly.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 28 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)