aaa If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 14-Oct-98  @  06:52 PM   -   If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

AudioPro21

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Last week the stienberg-event tour came to my town(Seattle) and at that tour they were selling VST/24 for the PC!!!! I had just bought my 3.5 producer pac from Guitar Center and they were selling this new pac with VST\24, Wavelab2.0, Free Filter, and The Rennisuance Compressor. There were some very cool package deals featuring this new VST\24 producer pac and the Event Layla. Some how I managed to get Guitar Center (not Stienberg they have never replied to any thing ever) to take back my pac and give me the new one for only $50. So if your planing on setting up a system wait till the Stienberg-Event tour comes to your town!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/23             10-Nov-98  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

Butch Vig

Hey Loafdog & Kilo,
1 min 44.1 8 Bit= 2.5 Megs
1 min 44.1 16 Bit= 5.0 Megs
1 min 44.1 24 Bit= 7.5 Megs

Don't get so pissy, niether of you know what your talking about!!
Screw all these programs, get rich (joke) and buy a system that works!!
Pro-Tools!!!

Message 12/23             10-Nov-98  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

chrisby47

now now children this one is getting abit messy it's actually 44.1 8bit...................

Message 13/23             10-Nov-98  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

kilo

oh deary me..... well...i cant understand it, cos a 24 bit word is 8 digits longer than 16 bit which is 8 digits longer than 8 bit...

regardless of that... my system works fine thanks... without having to spend 20K..... i do wish non-dance techies would stay out of it...... personally, i'd never use anything but 30 ips analog for rock material, but that's not what we're talking about here is it.......for dance, i cant see 24 bit being the slightest use... the programme material simply is not critical enuff to be worth it.... maybe for classical, or an Elaine Page or Sting album, yes

Message 14/23             19-Nov-98  @  07:10 AM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

Quincy Jernes

I don't see why anyone would really want 96 bit technology when the megaherts for a basic 16 channel track would encompass more than enough of a musical extrapolation to expedite any chord as long as your scuzzy is upgraded to Windows 97...

Message 15/23             19-Nov-98  @  05:14 PM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

kilo

heh heh very good Quincy... are you Welsh or a Geordie by any chance ??....(sir-name sounds it)

Message 16/23             24-Nov-98  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

mike

I have one answer to all of your problems....buy a MAC .Have had only one problem using VST and now they fixed it. It is the most stable piece of softwareI have used ..so far......... I think it kicks ass... PC users ..You need a new computer. bahh byyyeeee.

Message 17/23             25-Nov-98  @  05:39 AM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

Yes, well, since you're ranting on about formats here
(though inappropriately), please give me a little insight
as to 1) how is the transition from cubase to logic and 2)
which would you recommend for a BRAND-newbie. I'd like to
hook my brother up w/ his first sequen

Message 18/23             14-Dec-98  @  04:56 AM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

P. Quigsley Drainsbottom, Phd.

I notice the debate on these pages involving the degree to which the rules of logic may be followed, or utilised, in the act of musical composition. The entire issue of emphasizing the logical over the random or unexpected whilst composing is one I feel compelled to address, in that the artistic process is, to my way of thinking, by nature intuitive; thus the reliance upon or adherence to rigid systems of rational order and logical verifiability can quite effectively impede the flow of creativity. A separate discussion "thread" may be warranted to examine, through the dialectical discourse of thesis, antithesis, and synthesis, the relationship between the left and right hemispheres of the brain, their concommitant intellectual propensities, and the most beneficial and fortuitous manner of achieving that state of musical connectedness so ardently sought by the world's greatest composers. I hope this will be of some assistance to those still plagued by the need to conform to precepts of "logic" and "sense" in the course of their artistic pursuits.

P. Quiqley Drainsbottom, Phd.

P.S. The concept of "synthesis" appears also to be widely misunderstood in these pages; I will elucidate my thoughts thereon in a separate posting.

P. Q. D.

Message 19/23             15-Dec-98  @  04:29 AM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

kilo

well, the best transition to Logic, is that it fucking works !!.... yes... it's interface LOOKs the same... but is different in the way it functions..... once youve sorted that out, it is very simple indeed....

Message 20/23             30-Dec-98  @  03:09 AM   -   RE: If you are going to buy VST, WAIT!!!

you guys are crazy

I think both of you should shut the hell up and buy CAKEWALK..Hey i think i just had the last word...yippppeee

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)