aaa Nasty A5000 bug - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Nasty A5000 bug

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 04-Apr-00  @  03:36 PM   -   Nasty A5000 bug

swampman

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Just reporting on a nasty bug that happened to me tonight. I was copying the real drum CD that comes with the sampler to a 8 gb EIDE harddrive. After a while the sampler puked out "disk is full or to many itmes" or something like that. To many items? What? I mean an ordinary file system doesnt run out of items, it runs out of diskspace! But here is the bad thing: The partition i copied to is empty and renamed! This isnt the only bug ive found out. Sometimes during copy from CD to HD it just hangs.

I just HATE the Yamaha filesystem!!!
Why the F**K cant they use a filesystem like DOS where the limit isnt 1 gb and where home PC users can copy files A5000 <-> PC without to much fuzz???

I just HATE the file system!

Nice getting that out of my chest...

/SwampMan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/34             14-Apr-00  @  06:15 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

R-Tek

.. now it's a USA corp money run thing.. with according results... moooooo!! - man, if the jap's take on board US business tactic's it'll be the biggest fucking mistake they ever made in their nations history

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, akaipro have been taken over by the Americans :-( Surely they *cant* get any worse. Maybe the German should bring out a sampler or something then  

Message 12/34             14-Apr-00  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

V

ohhh noooo! You guys are really scaring me! I have my heart set on the A5k and already this???? Grrr

Pyce In,

V

Message 13/34             16-Apr-00  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

jj

Back in US history, unions formed to represent the rights of workers who's rights didn't even exist, in the face of crushingly huge corporations. Don't we think its time to form consumer unions, to represent (gets a bit weak here) the rights of consumers, in the face of those same corporate giants. I'm sure if 80% of yammies new a5k's were returned, they'd pull the thumb out of their ass and say, "duh, do you think you should fix that problem now?"--- which my translate into an a3k fix!!!!!

Cause I'd really like to slam emagic with the same union power. Those bastards really did some unethical things with their release of 4.0.

Message 14/34             16-Apr-00  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

V

So, here I'M thinking A4000/A5000. I want to order this kit, but are the A3k disk problems/file system STILL messed up guys?

PLease let me know...cus the prices are suspiciously cheap when comparing a comparable Akai (S5k)...and I'm starting to smell Yamaha compramise (in the Corprate Designs Board Room).

R,

V

Message 15/34             16-Apr-00  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

jj

pluses and minuses. I don't think there is a champ out there. Suppose you've gotta figure out what short comings your ready to deal with on a brand new piece of gear costing you two arms and a leg.

bastards.

Message 16/34             18-Apr-00  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

V

very well said then jj

R,

V

Message 17/34             18-Apr-00  @  03:04 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

V

very well said then jj

R,

V

Message 18/34             26-Apr-00  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

B

Hi all

I had an A5000, which kept freezing up when loading samples. The load time times from SCSI and floppy were so SLOWWWWWW that I gave it back.

I was surprised to read in SOS / and Furturemusic Magazines that none mentioned the VERYYYYYYYY SLOW speed of the A5000 SCSI. This makes it useless for pro studio use.

Have anyone experienced the slow SCSI load times ?

Regards
Bee

Message 19/34             26-Apr-00  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

jondl

Link?: Link

Wow, that's so disappointing about the SCSI load times. You'd think they'd fix that by now. Wasn't it the EX5/7, SU700, and A3000 that had the SAME problem?!

regards,
jondl

Message 20/34             26-Apr-00  @  10:37 PM   -   RE: Nasty A5000 bug

bioroid

Link?: Link

Use and internal IDE HD for the A5000.
Its way faster.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)