aaa Don’t buy the CS6x!!! - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 09-May-00  @  04:39 PM   -   Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

arie-z

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Don’t buy the CS6x. It sucks big time. Don’t let all the positive reviews fool you. I’m beginning to feel sorry I ever bought the thing. The appegiator doesn’t sync to midi clock. So all you dance producers have a major problem, unless you want to write out all your arpeggio’s.
I also have a PLG-AN installed. You wouldn’t believe how long it took to figuur out how the damn thing worked and most of the stuff aren’t mentioned in the manual. I have been trying for weeks to get support from Yamaha, but they always keep beating around the bush. I finally got some positive help. Not from Yamaha, but from G.Gregson (author of the PLG-AN editor).
Now that I know how it works, I discovered that it’s so difficult and time consuming, that I probably won’t use the thing. So that’s the story. I would certainly think twice before buying it.

Andrew

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/34             14-May-00  @  07:19 AM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

arie-z

Swift, go fuck yourself. ASSWHIPE!!

Message 12/34             14-May-00  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

James

C'om on guys stop this bloody flame-war!! I have been following this discussion for a while and it could be that both of you are right. I'm not sure. I too have been using G.Gregson's editor for the Macintosh and I'm also not able to save patches I made with it.At least not in the 64 users bank.
Swift, could you tell me which editor you use? The sad part is, is that there is no other editor avalible for the Mac, so it could be possible that the PC version works much better, I'm not sure.
If that is the case, I hope Yamaha will come with a better working version for the Mac.

Message 13/34             14-May-00  @  12:29 PM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

Swift

I do not use the AN1xedit thing or whatever its called(the blue one) which is primarily for the AN1x with a little PLG support modification.I use the editor that came with the plugin board itself(AN Expert).It is a plugin editor similar to the CS6x one that works within the XG Works Lite program.I have made patches using this editor.The patches made are then held in the USER memory bank(not the 64 location saved bank).If you switch off the CS6x the patches will be lost so you need to either back them up onto the memory card or save each patch into one of the 64 saved locations.

Message 14/34             14-May-00  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

Arie

Swift, you’re full of shit. Are you sure you bought a CS6x and not a Casio? I guess you can’t tell the difference. Me and a friend of mine have been trying desperately to contact Yamaha about this issue and my friend finally got word. Yamaha states that the PLG-AN board is volatile for users voices, which means that you cannot save the patches you made with the editor in the board (with any editor for that matter) and it can only save CS6x parameters (effect settings, etc…) on the board.
You are correct that you can save your sounds on a smartcard, or back it up on a computer, but that is not the point. So as it turns out Swift, you’re a FUCKIN’ lair.

Message 15/34             14-May-00  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

James

Well, I guess I got my answer.

Message 16/34             14-May-00  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

Swift

Hey Arie you are wrong.I suggest you do the following-
Use the AN Expert editor that came supplied with the plugin board for a start.
Use this to make a patch.When you press a key on the CS6x you will hear your new sound.This is simply the editor controlling the plugin board.What you need to do now is select SEND to transfer ALL the patch data into your CS6x/plugin board.The patch will now be held in a USER location and if you switch off th4 CS6x you will lose it.You need to either back up the patch you have made onto the memory card or SAVE it into one of the 64 locations.I think you must be getting confused when you hear the patch you have made using the editor by pressing a key on the CS6x and then trying to save it,then when you play it back after switching off it doesnt` sound the same.This is because you have not sent all the patch data from the editor into the synth.
Do like I say and you will see I am right and I expect and apology.

Message 17/34             14-May-00  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

Swift

Nearly forgot.You keep mentioning USER voices.I know these are lost if you switch off the CS6x.You need to store the patch into on of the 64 locations(Hold dwon PLG 1 or 2 button and then press DEC/NO until the pages scroll as far left as they will go and you can see these).

Message 18/34             14-May-00  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

Arie

No, I won’t apologize, because what you are saying is a crock of bullshit. God, you must think I’m mental or what? Of course I know about all the different banks in the plug-in board:

Bank = PLG1 INT (this is the one you are referring to)
Bank = 036/000
Bank = 036/001
Bank = 036/002 (this is the bank that the editor sends the patches to, which are lost when you turn the synth off)

But, what doesn’t seem to get through to that thick skull of yours, is that when you try to save the sound you have in Bank = 036/002 to Bank = PLG1 INT, the only thing that is saved is the name of the patch you made and the effect setting of the CS6x itself.
When you turn the synth off and then back on, you will see that the name of your patch is still there, but when you try and play that patch you will notice that it’s not the same sound.
I’m getting sick and tired with this debate. Do what I have explained and you will see that I’m right.

Message 19/34             14-May-00  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

Buy a real board

You should shut your dirty little holes. I don't want to smell the stench permeating from your decaying ego's. Wipe, get off the pot, and buy a
real board. Life is to short to fuck around with a board that doesn't work.

Message 20/34             15-May-00  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: Don’t buy the CS6x!!!

referee

DING!!!

Round 2

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 34 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)