aaa Yamaha A4000 sampler - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Yamaha A4000 sampler

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message                 Date: 24-Aug-00  @  02:53 PM   -   Yamaha A4000 sampler

No Spam

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

Hi,
I have just found out that I've won a yamaha A4000 and I should be receiving it in the next week or so, which is nice.
What I'd like to know is how can I best intergrate it into my setup? Which is a PIII 450, Cubase 3.7, yam SW1000XG and a Yam CS2x connected to that. I would be using the sampler "mainly", though not only, for Drums that have been chopped up in recycle and trigggering it from cubase. Also do I have to buy a separate cd rom player or can I use the one in my PC?
Thanks for any help Ringo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 11/21             31-Aug-00  @  12:39 PM   -   RE: Yamaha A4000 sampler

grammp

Link?: Link

Does the SPDIF I/O card on the a4k support IEEE 1394 [ aka firewire ] ?

Message 12/21             01-Sep-00  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: Yamaha A4000 sampler

Jasper

just to clarify that, the a4k and a5k have a scsi and ide interface internal but only scsi external

Message 13/21             06-Sep-00  @  01:42 PM   -   RE: Yamaha A4000 sampler

lesphonic

Link?: Link

Ok, I'm getting strange behaviour from my a4k. I have an external Yamaha CD-R attached via SCSI and also an internal 8GIG IDE hard drive broken into 8 Volumes inside the a4k. Problem is when i try copying the yamaha sample volumes included it doesn't warn me that there isn't enough space on a particular volume on my hard disk and instead just deletes whatever is on the Volume!!!

Anyone else run into this? Any suggested remedies?

Message 14/21             07-Sep-00  @  07:09 AM   -   RE: Yamaha A4000 sampler

hajee

When you copy all-volumes it first 'deletes' the existing one. A better way is to load volumes into the samplers memory and then save em...It's not as convenient but safer non the less. I think if you create a bunch of empty volumes first and then use the copy volume (1 at the time) you should also be safe...

never tested it for sure..

Message 15/21             07-Sep-00  @  10:50 AM   -   RE: Yamaha A4000 sampler

k

i'd 100% agree with Dougal up above - dump the internal modem for SURE, get an external modem, add a scsi card for the pc, and wire in an EXternal zip drive to the yamaha for the yammy ONLY to save to - transfer via scsi card , save to the external scsi zip from the smapler

Message 16/21             08-Sep-00  @  08:17 AM   -   RE: Yamaha A4000 sampler

Dougal

Lesphonic

My experience is for the A3K but I think (!) it goes for the A4K.

You can create volumes on any harddisk. You can also select which volume you performing disk functions with using the Volume menu. If you try to save an entire volume it will obviously write over the volume which you have previously selected. if you don't want this to happen, just create a new volume on the disk and save over that. You can have loads of volumes on any disk or partition of that disk.

I organise things thus: each 250MB Zip disk (could be a partition for you) is labelled according to sample type (say Drums). That disk (partition) contains several volumes (say Breaks, Kits etc). I use these to store volumes I have created. If I create or load a new drumkit, I then save it either as a Samplebank or a Program within the relevant volume. I also have a seperate disk for projects/songs on which I create various volumes, one for each project.

The Yammy manual suggests that you will want to save volumes all the time, and for an individual project (containing drums, leads, basses etc) that is a good way of working. However for individial multisamples (samplebanks) or sounds, you can just save that sample or program (containing FX and EasyEdit settings) within an existing volume that has been suitably labelled.

You will need more than 8 volumes. Best to create partitions and then loads of volumes within each partition.

My apologies if this doesn't work for the A4K.

Message 17/21             11-Sep-00  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: Yamaha A4000 sampler

chertzy

IDE certainly does work for the A4000/5000, I had a spare Quantum and put it in and it's great. You can NOT access this drive from the computer though, so you need a SCSI CDrom anyway......

Be aware that Recycle still doesn't recognise the A4000......wavesurgeon does apparent;y and its much cheaper.

Message 18/21             12-Sep-00  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Yamaha A4000 sampler

k

yes, i remember that Neil (wavesurgeons author) told me that yamaha gave him a sampler to use when he wrote the implementation for it.

Message 19/21             10-Oct-00  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: Yamaha A4000 sampler

adams04

Hi guys
Got my A4K!
Now who can tell me the best scsi Zip set-up so ican start transferring my wavs from my hd in the pc to somewhere that the A4K can use?
I think i,m ok for cd,s as i have an scsi cdr in the pc which only needs a cable to hook up to the A4K.
My god what a great sound this thing makes.My Roland XP30 suddenly sounds gritty in comparison!Must be the improved dacs.

Cheers Gooroo.

Message 20/21             10-Oct-00  @  01:39 PM   -   RE: Yamaha A4000 sampler

teattri

how efficient is using the SPDIF input on Axk for transfering samlpes?
i mean does it have any difference from recording analog input other than digital recording?

do you have to trim samples for example..

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)